• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aligning Logos

tdgraphics

A customer of mine needs to have a backdrop with 2 different logos aligned aligned and repeated top to bottom.

I know how to align the logo vertically in Illustrator, however I need to be able to get them to have the same gap between the logos so that they run top to bottom.

Is there any way of selecting all the logos and then setting a specific gap between them all or is a matter of doing it manually.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Neil

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Do you mean step and repeat?

The CadTools plug in has a step and repeat feature. In Illustrator CS2 and below you can use your "Move" window, type out the distance you need and then click on "copy"..repeat....

If you are using a Mac, you can make some guides to where you want the logos, select the images and hold down the shift+option keys and drag them, that should copy them vertical/horizontally or diagonally....once you have done that, command+d to repeat.....PC does this too, but I forget the keyboard shortcut....

javila

You need to use the distribute function if you already have the objects in place.

You can set the gap spacing from the distribute pallete. Select all your objects, then click once on one of them to set the master. Set your gap distance, and click the appropriate distribute button.

Attachments

• distribute.jpg
    distribute.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 146