• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aligning material on Graphtec 7000-130

Imminent Death

Hi all,

Lately we've been having issues lining up material on our Graphtec. We'll feed the material through the back, get it aligned with the tick marks (or against the teflon), do a test feed, and the material gets off anywhere from 1/8" to 1/2" during the feed.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to align our material better? Is there something we're missing? I've only been at this sign shop for about a month and have never used a Graphtec plotter before that.

mladams7259

Check your pinch rollers for wear, also check and make sure the bearings in them are still good and they dont wobble.

gvgraphics

I would almost think with it tracking off 1/2" either you are loading it really crooked or the pinch rollers may need to be replaced.

Imminent Death

Check your pinch rollers for wear, also check and make sure the bearings in them are still good and they dont wobble.

I looked at the pinch rollers and there is no wear on them. They feel slightly loose though, but seeing that I haven't used a Graphtec plotter until about a month ago, I'm not sure how loose they should be (if at all). Is there a way to tighten them/

Rarely it gets off 1/2"... I should have said anywhere from 1/8" to 1/4". We've had 3 guys sit around it while loading material to make sure it was aligned... so I don't think human err plays into this. Now that it's been mentioned, it sounds like it the culprit could be the rollers. What is the best way to service them?

wildside

as far as i know, Graphtecs have a single main roller below and just the movable rubber rollers that clamp down. at least on the 5100 series it is this way and don't see why the 7000 series would be different

that being said, the only way to make it run crooked is to load it crooked

we just use the weight of the roll and some tension from the front to run through, drop the pinch rollers and test it, rarely is it more than 1/8" crooked after 20 foot runnin through

Imminent Death

Well, I feel like a complete and utter tool for this......

Whenever we print off our Mimaki, we just pull it out and feed it through the Graphtec. It had not occurred to me to throw the material on a tube.

:Oops:

I'm yet to try this (although I will momentarily), but I have a feeling this may help us out.

Despite my absent mindedness, thank you guys for your responses! :cool: