• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aligning print to sheet material

Luke Taglienti

Hello,
I'm new to sign making and printing in general.
I've had two jobs now and completed them but both with extreme difficulty
Each of the jobs I've done are shop front signs, both over 5 metres long and both printed on acp sheets cut to size.
Each of the prints were split in half with versaworks and had trim marks printed also so I knew where to cut, but how on earth do I align them to the panels to match up to each other? I'm finding it extremely difficult and I'm sure there's some way to do it thays easy but I can't find info anywhere
Any help is greatly appreciated
Luke

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Should print with a bleed to allow for a little misalignment during install. If you have two printed panels with alignment critical I would line up the overlaps and tape them together. Butt your acp panels together in alignment and install the graphic as one piece. Nail down the center at the overlap & lay down one side keeping the other taped down to keep things straight.

wayne k
guam usa

Martin Denton

We create a bleed on the bottom and rhs of the panel then trim to the top and Lhs side. We then align top left to the panel
And trim to the panel once down

Martin Denton

Martin Denton, post: 1400965, member: 67656"]We create a bleed on the bottom and rhs of the panel then trim to the top and Lhs side. We then align top left to the panel
And trim to the panel once down

Luke Taglienti

Thanks all for the replies, very Informative and helpful!
I will try again with a few practice prints and see how things go with your methods!
Do you all mount with a laminator also or by hand?
Still learning to usey laminator properly and a few times now I've gone for it and got creases and ruined the prints .
Thanks again and will follow up of I have success