• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alignment Issue? Inconsistent Banding.

mesheau

Hey All,

Working with an ancient Pro II thats about to be sent to the curb...
4/6 heads are crud, colour matching is a joke.. yada yada.

Anyway, I have an issue with banding and also color fade.

When I send a job through the color on the left hand side of the material is always darker and has no banding however the further right you go (towards capping station) the lighter the colour gets, and also the heavier banding. I usually just tell clients it was an intended gradient.

New VS is in the works for us, but I was thinking if this is something that I can fix. I know the majority of you will tell me to not bother, or to fix heads. Would it be a feed calibration out of wack? If so why am I hitting properly on the right side and not left?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Does the material track straight?

It sounds like it is feeding faster on one side than the other. Check the pinch rollers, one side may be worn or buildup on your grit rollers?
Another thought, is your heat even across the width? It could expand the media differently from one side to the other.

J Hill Designs

all I can think is that as the carriage moves, the ink lines get restricted, so less flow on the right than the left?

I would open her up and see if you can 'sense a disturbance' as you manually slide carriage back and forth