• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alignment Issue

vinylfrontier

Hi all,

I am trying to cut a grid which seems to come out missaligned on all my cutters so best I can figure it must be a setting in flexi. I have aligned everything using flexi and made sure everything was the same size, then compunded it before cutting. Here is a pic of what it's doing. Anyone run into this before or have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 97

Doug Pulver

I've never tried to cut a grid but could you try drawing a rectangle, then in the production manager tell it to cut 14 or however many rectangles you want and set the spacing between? Then weed out the rectangles.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Can your cutter cut a big rectangle (12" x 36") and start and stop in the same spot, or another way to put it complete the cut?

If not, are your grit and pinch rollers clean? Pieces of vinyl or buildup it can cause the tracking to skew the sheet off to one side.

Also if you are trying to get max yeild out of your material and put the pinch roller right at the edge of the material, it can skew the vinyl as well.

Any decent plotter sould be able to cut a pattern like that.