• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

All file types have changed

All excel, word, adobe file types have changed to vfganyk. Can't get any to open. I have attached screen shots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 99

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Well that may be the first time in a long time that Google had no search results. Did you install any new software recently? Maybe something that had some piggy back software secretly loaded? I would run MalewareBytes to see if you picked anything up off the internet.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
A quick google search says there is a virus that does exactly this, it has been around since 2013. crypto locker or some such.
Recovery of the files looks sketchy.

Hope this is not what it sounds like
good luck with the fix.

wayne k
guam usa

No money request. It was a quote for a remodel on a house I'm looking at buying. I'm pretty sure I won't be using this company since it looks like they attached a virus with quote.

SignBurst PCs

Can you find any of these files in your directories?:

• DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.txt
  • DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.html
  • DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.url

If so, they will contain instructions on how to decrypt your files. It will ask you to pay for the decryption key. Even if you pay, there is no guarantee that anyone will help. Most likely, someone will use your payment info to steal your identity and wreak even more havoc on your life.

** As a note, please don't open .zip files unless you are 100% sure that they are legitimate. **

Last edited:

Techman

are practically impossible to beat. **

Mistaken.. in some cases
I am sorry you have to deal with this. But there is a remote chance you can get your stuff back.

I could likely decrypt those files.. if in fact they are locked by ransom ware.. So,,
No, it is not a lost cause. .

for CryptoLocker.
Yes, they can be decrypted.

I could do it,,, But I think I will just post a place where every one else gets FREE keys. Places where tech gets them then charge you for them,..

CryptoLocker. unlock site.. FREE Carefully follow the directions..

https://www.decryptcryptolocker.com/

for CryptoWall , you are boned. They will demand you use bitcoin and then they use a tor browser to hide. And ver 3 has no known key available yet...

About the only way to get back is to restore from an offsystem backup. You can use a backup from the network if the backup is not from a mapped drive.

Or just maybe,,
CryptoWall encrypts a file by making a copy. encrypts that and then deletes the original. If you are adept at using recovery software you maybe can get back the deleted file. Because deleting only removes the first letter of a file and leaves every thing else. If the computer is not used much those files may still be there. REcovery software will open deleted files and you can add back the original first letter of the file name and you win.

OR your shadow files. Sometimes this maggot ware fails to delete the shadow files. You may get some back this way too.
or find http://www.shadowexplorer.com/ see if this wlil help.
Go find a tutor on restoring a shadow copy. This is a good learning process.

Good luck

when done fixing this,,
goto https://www.fooli****.com/ and get your paths locked so it will not happen again.

This sux bad,, the forum doesn;t like foolish_it in the url.. Just ad the foolish it back without the space. between sh and it.

SignBurst PCs

That is good news Curtis. I didn't catch the news that whitehats had recovered the keys for CryptoLocker.

I still think that he probably has CryptoWall and that looks like a tough situation.