• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

...all I want for Christmas is my Black back!

idoru

Firstly Hello and festive greetings from the UK, sorry my first post is a frantic question

A little background, I recently bought a second hand CJV30-60 I use a CJV30-130 on a daily basis for my Part time Employer but took a chance on the smaller machine for my self as I thought I knew the machines well and the smaller machine was ideal for my own printing needs
It's running a standard cartridge based CMYK print format and when I bought the machine the test print was fine except for a broken second Black print, the first being perfect

I went through a series for head washes and 99 min soaks and this did not seem to improve the test print, I then decided to replace the damper on the broken print, I assumed it could only be this as the other colours were all fine

This is the first damper I replaced and after reading up and watching everything I could find I decided it should be quite straight forward
I carefully removed the metal clamps from the top and gently removed the questionable damper and replaced it with a new one, then re-fitted it to the manifold above the head

The damper didn't appear to fill with ink very well, even after several ink fills so I decided to try and pull ink through the damper, mainly because I didn't have a suitable tube to pull it through from below the capping station

I was getting a suction from the syringe but it was drawing no ink, I had opened the ink cartridge through the service menu

I replaced the damper and decided to run some prints through it and see if that improved things, I did a test print to check only to find I had totally lost the Black from both heads!

I ran the few Black only prints but was only getting a dark blue generated from the other colours I guess, still nothing from the Black heads in the test print!

In disgust I went home and drank beer!

This morning I returned with a suitable tube to draw ink from the bottom of the capping station, clamped off one tube to the pump and drew from the other, I had opened the valves on both the Black cartriges and again had suction from the syringe but still no ink!
I
then unclipped the feed hose from the top of the damper and tried to draw ink from there, again nothing!

I don't want the Black section of the head to dry out if it's not getting ink so I have replaced the two dampers with dampers full of cleaning fluid in the hope it keeps the head free while I resolve the Black feed issue

I can only guess there is now Air in the Black ink feed pipe but I can't understand why I can't draw ink through the tube even above the dampers?

Any ideas would be appreciated, also is leaving dampers filled with cleaning fluid attached to the head a good idea while I try and resolve the feed issue?

wunder

is not so easy to solve your problem.....i think your inkcartridge is not good set......the needle is bent or closed....must be come ink to the damper if you pull with syring..... so check this first......be sure you can dismonut the inkcartridge and pull again with the syring at the damper and must be come air/ink.....

the printhead is the next problem to solve but first the ink must come to the damper.....

br
wunder

idoru

I did wonder if the cartridge could be at fault but before I changed the damper the ink flow had been fine, I can't see anything changing when all I did was change the damper ~ Thanks anyway

qcs_ben

last update?

Hi, I'm about to mess around with the magenta damper in my VP-300i and am really interested by your issue. Did you find out a solution? filling the dampers seems challenging and any feed back from experience would be valuable. Your idea to plug a damper full of solvant seems to me like a great idea, is there anybody to suggest otherwise?