• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ALL My Fonts Keep Disappearing in Illustrator - WTF?

Border

Running CS6 on Windows. Anyone ever have this happen? The only font available is the default Myriad pro. Tried restarting, no luck. Every once in a while they will randomly all show up and work fine for a long time and then....poof! they are all gone again. Drop down menus are grayed out or empty.

:help

John Butto

Go to the Adobe website and look for answers, and if you purchased the software they will answer your questions pretty fast.

Border

Unchecked the enable missing glyph protection option and restarted but no luck although i seem to remember that helping once before a few months back. I just reloaded the CS6 suite on this computer a couple days ago so something is different somewhere.

TresL

I've had the issue a couple of times over the years. The font file was corrupt. Had to Delete or rename it and then start ILL. It will re-index all the fonts.

Border

POOF! They're back again.

I tried the stuff mentioned above, restarted the program, no luck. shut down all adobe progs and still no luck. Rebooted the computer again and now they are all back.

I must have some other program conflicting somehow or another, is all I can guess.

Probably getting to be time for a fresh system install on this baby and take out some of the dirty laundry.

Just trying to bang out a bunch of jobs so I can get to my vacation in the Turks & Caicos Islands in less than two weeks but it seems like anything that can hinder me seems to be popping up all of a sudden!

Border

:omg:

Attachments

• s101.jpg
    s101.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 68

MikeD

If you or anyone else wouldn't mind explaining a little...what are the main benefits of a font manager program and which one do people like most?

There are ~10,000 fonts on my pc. Upon opening, Illustrator indexes every one of them; taking about 15 minutes and then it crashes.
Now, I use a font manager to categorize all the different typefaces and section them off into smaller packets. The font manager allows me to make portions of the 10,000 fonts available. If designing for a flower shop, the font manager will allow me to restrict access to all but the flowery fonts.

Another thing it does is allow me to preview fonts with my text instead of lorem ipsum fox jumped