• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

All of a sudden it says now heating. I have to hit pause to start printing.

signheremd

Our XR640 always heats up before printing so the ink dries... Usually takes between a few seconds (if already warm) and about 2 minutes (when cold).

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Roland Versacamm SP-300
Have you adjusted the heat settings for whatever order you're currently printing? Has the temperature dropped in your shop recently? Both our SP-300V's do this and it usually takes no longer then a few minutes, depending how warm they need to go. If you haven't adjusted anything and it's no colder then usual, this could be an early indication that the heating element or thermistor are starting to go.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
but mine WON'T start printing until I press pause
That sounds like the thermistor has gone, as the printer isn't able to heat up to the appropriate temp.

*Edit: The above would be your cheapest option. If that doesn't fix, it means the heating element is gone. You'll have to check the heat settings to find out if it's print heater or the dryer heater.

damonCA21

Is most likely the thermistor or the heater power board. The printer isn't reading the bed temperature so doesn't know when it has reached the correct temp to print automatically. You can get both pretty cheap on ebay

Signarama Jockey

Those sound like plausible causes. Something internal is telling your printer to wait until some value reaches the operating parameters, and for whatever reason, it isn't getting there. If you haven;'t changed any settings, I'd agree with the guys above. Thermistor or heater.

jfiscus

Rap Master
What temp is it set to? I remember a real long time ago we had a Mimaki JV3 that had a similar issue, and the cause was that the room temp was higher than what the printer was looking for. It couldn't cool itself down to reach the desired temp so it kept waiting to print. Once we figured it out we raised it a couple degrees and all was good again.