• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

All this talk of bikes..... let's see yours.

dj_elite

xs650.com

My friend helped me with the CB650, it was actually his bike. I did 80% of the work. We were told you couldnt make a hardtail with a shaft drive. Once the naysayers spoke, we were out to prove them wrong. We rode it up to Laconia bike week and it got a lot of attention. Mostly from Hardley guys. They would look at it and give a thumbs up, then walk over to the bike and realize it was a Jap bike and walk away. I hate when people do that. I respect any bike worthy of respect. Doesnt matter the make. You should of saw the faces of people when they saw this nice bobber, but heard a sport bike. It was priceless.

ProWraps

just bought this one today to ad to my collection.

2012 road glide.
ABS.
Cruise control.
103 CI.
Air ride.

left her at the dealer cause i didnt have a ride to take my truck home. arghh.. not sure when ill be able to go get her and put her first mile on her.

Attachments

• roadglide.jpg
    roadglide.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 92

ProWraps

They don't make them like this anymore.

your damn right they dont. its cause that bike was called the widow maker for a long time. (remember the honda two stroke 250 3 wheeler? awesome machine). another ()... remember when the R1 first hit the market?!?!? yamaha has a penchant for amazingly powered bikes out the gate.

what a killer machine twin 350 two stroke that banshee is. air cooled no less. toomey pipes, light as shiz, and fast and furious as you ever want to be STOCK even. quite possibly the most appropriate named machine on the planet.

PURE balls. we see them all day long on CL here. alcohol burning dune killing machines. they still reign supreme on the sand. where else will you find a 20 year old machine that sells for 3 times its original purchase price other than a VW (insert model here).

some things are left un-repeatable. i almost bought one but bought a yfz450 instead. a killer quad in its own regard. but alas, i just wasnt comfortable on 4 wheels, beat my arms to death. but have much respect for the dune warriors that do.

HulkSmash

2012 road glide.
ABS.
Cruise control.
103 CI.
Air ride.

left her at the dealer cause i didnt have a ride to take my truck home. arghh.. not sure when ill be able to go get her and put her first mile on her.

That's looks comfortable.. but ugly also..

ProWraps

just wait until i drop another $20k on her. 23" front, apes, powder coat, PM controls. ill turn that beast into a beauty.

she will have exactly as many miles as it takes to get her home before i ride her without all the upgrades. i got my other chop until she comes around.

ps. my chop is better than JR's.

Attachments

• new_bike.jpg
    new_bike.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 82
  • new_bike_2.jpg
    new_bike_2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 87

Bly

I have a 9 month old and sold my toys. But heres some of what I had...

Pictured
1978 XS 650 Bobber (built by me)
1981 CB650 Nighthawk bobber (built by me, shaft drive too)
1988 Sportster 1200 bobber (built by me)
2002 Yamaha R1
2001 Honda Superhawk 996

Not Pictured
2001 SV650S
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 800
2007 UM DSF200 (pictured in the background of the sportster photo)
1989 Yamaha FZR 600

My wifes old bike is in the background of the last picture. 2003 Suzuki SV650S

Cool bobbers.

dj_elite

Thanks! The XS took me 3 months to build. Fun bike, but I started it before I knew my wife was prego. After knowing that, I investing all my time into building the bike. That way I could get top dollar when I sold it to help with the little one. It worked out well

John L

Nice paintwork John! Is that your handy work?

Bob, I wish! I can only take credit for writing the check for that one! ...All of the parts were brushed by Sonny DePalma down in Ft Lauderdale. My pictures suck but his work is just fantastic.

I am bringing the bike back to FL in March for Bike Week Daytona. I am sad to say, I'm selling it (along with a bunch of other stuff) in an attempt to make some much needed room in my shop up here.

Dave Drane

2012 road glide.
ABS.
Cruise control.
103 CI.
Air ride.

I like it a lot!!:thumb: