Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allen 830 Plus: Groove Filler?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by CapJanway, Oct 13, 2005.

1. CapJanway

CapJanway New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Hello,

I have an "OLD" Allen 830 Plus. From what I hear, they no longer make the stip under neath the cutter blade. So called, "Groove Filler" in the manual. Now does anyone know where I can get this so called, "Groove Filler" and if not can they suggest to me an alternative.

Here's my problem: There are a few well driven grooves in my stip there. This makes cutting very difficult/time costly when I go to weed stuff out.

Now I'm not sure if this is the proper forum either so please bare with me since I have never had to do this before.

Thank You,

Matthew

Tags:
  2. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    I believe they call the groove filler a platten strip. Usually you can reverse the strip and use the other side if it hasn't already been used.

If you haven't, I'd try Allen Datagraph for a strip or maybe your local supply company.

George

3. CapJanway

CapJanway New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Thank you for your help. I just went there web site and submitted for some information. I hope things will turn out ok.

4. uneedasign

uneedasign Active Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Palm Desert CA
    groove filler

I also have an Allen, and just purchased a new insert, Center Platen. The part # for mine is PL-00-24-680. The cost was $12.00. You can call Allen Direct at 603-893-1983

5. CapJanway

CapJanway New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Thank you uneedasign!