Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allen Datagraph 536 GTS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by MaineMonument, Jun 1, 2012.

1. MaineMonument

MaineMonument New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Hey everyone,

I am new here but was hoping I could get some answers. I have a Allen Datagraph 536 GTS and I cut sandblast resist material for a monument business.

I do not run the plotter all day, do a few jobs at a time. I am wasting at least 9" of this material each time I start a new job; at $20 a foot you can obviously see my problem.

The plotter is sprocket and friction feed and have no idea how the friction feed works. My problem comes when I have to "feed" out the job so I can cut it off to work with it. When I do this it means I have about 9" between the point I cut the stencil off and the physical blade.....if I roll the stencil back in it comes off the sprocket wheels in the front...is there any way around this?

I have tried a search and have come up with nothing. Thanks

Tags:
  2. rfulford

rfulford Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Orlando
  3. MaineMonument

MaineMonument New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    ^^ Thanks, doesnt look like hes been on for over a year though.... I was actually suprised at the lack of manuals and guides for this equipment

4. round man

round man Active Member

Oct 16, 2005
  5. slipperyfrog

slipperyfrog Active Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I love my Allen Datagraph plotter. It is a workhorse. I too have always been a little surprised how little information they list on their website. That being said if you give them a call they always seem to provide excellent support for what I may need.