• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Allen Datagraph cutter

TresL

Anyone using them?

I'm looking at a new one for cutting thicker material(20-50mil)

They seem to have a good price point, easy to get on the phone to talk with.

So, what are the cons????

geb

The tracking on this 3 year old model has always been a little off on longer cuts 10' or more, especially cutting reflective, I've never cut anything heavier, so that is my con on this cutter, other than that not bad.

George

geb

we use the 830 smartmark, we only use it for cut vinyl, cast and reflective.

George

TresL

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new cutter.
How does Allen Datagraph compare in cut quality to other cutters?

Roland, Summa, Graphtec, etc....

slipperyfrog

We have a 24" 800 series that is spec'd for cutting rolls of magnet. It is non-sprocketed. It has been rock solid since 2004 and has cut thousands of feet of magnet right off the roll and have only had to replace one set of pinch rollers. It cuts vinyl just fine but we tend to use the other plotter for vinyl as the Datagraph is the workhorse for magnet.

It is a beast in construction compared to my DGI Newstar 60". You can feel it is heavy. I would tend to agree that cuts that get up to the 10' range can see the tracking sway a bit. Nothing that has been a real problem though. If I had a choice for heavy material we would buy another one but wider.