• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Allow me to reshare some thoughts

visual800

Some of us post on here while in the heat of frustration, that's the best time sometimes. My post (that was removed) was not hatred of Foreigners, it was the dislike of the way they operate and conduct business. They operate a whole different way than we do here. It is a known fact in THIS CITY when they call be prepared for aggravation and time wasting. Yes it is a fact.

Do I run to them at lowes with shopping carts and try and break their ankles? No. I would simply prefer not to deal with them on their signage. I think sometimes posts can be turned around from what they actually mean to hatred.

Some of you commented they are aggravating as hell and agreed, others posted they have had no problems with dealings. Happy for you. I didn't intend on insulting anyone I was venting. It has nothing to do with me being in the South. However I know from experience there is a fine line between the north and south thoughts on the general population, I had that conversation with a relative that lives in Wisconsin. i was amazed at his comments and he was amazed at mind, it's all regions and where you live as to what you have to tolerate to be in business.

I call it like it is. I don't sugarcoat and I know for a fact in this world we live in speaking your mind and what you believe is frowned upon

ForgeInc

Frankly, I think your post above isn't that different really than your original post. For instance, you say above "My post (that was removed) was not hatred of Foreigners, it was the dislike of the way they operate and conduct business. They operate a whole different way than we do here. It is a known fact in THIS CITY when they call be prepared for aggravation and time wasting. Yes it is a fact."

I would submit that isn't really very different than having "a hate of foreigners" (sorry, just being blunt) and that many people in your city may not feel as you do, even though you think "IT IS A FACT." I would also submit there are probably thousands of people who are the same color as you who are equally pain in the arses, but yet you wouldn't call them out in a post as being "aggravating white customers" but rather "aggravating customers"

You are right, different parts of the country have different tolerance levels but it's sweeping generalizations labeled by race that I think can be offensive to some, (whether justified or not).

Again, I doubt any of your comments would be out of the norm when talking locally with your buddies, customers, or fellow vendors, and I honestly doubt you had any intentional malice. BUT...you should consider you are in business to make money and all money pays the same, why risk alienating a huge segment of the population either directly by calling them out, or indirectly by comments many view as offensive?

Maybe the next time you get a similar call, try the methods suggested to you. Jack your price about 20% and let them talk you down, what could it hurt?

Good on ya for giving it extra thought and reposting :thumb:

CanuckSigns

judging by some of Pat Whatley's hillbilly/whitetrash/redneck stories on here, I don't think the time wasters in your town are all foreigners.

OlsonSigns601

I said some of this in my last post.

Some of my best customers are Foreigners. I've made friends with some them and I've I work with them on everything. Getting to know them and where they are from, what their real name is... Its not Jim ya know lets them know you are on the same level with them and you are willing to listen and work with them.

Like any customer, they either speak good of you or bad of you and most likely they will mention you to their friends if you treat em right.

With that being said, if anyone in my area doesn't want to talk their calls, please tell them to call me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
visual.... I get the frustration and even the ranting. Every so often things blow up, all out of proportion and words or thoughts sometimes can't be taken back. However, I'd consider letting sleeping dogs lie and not tempting the same over again.

Suffice it to say, we all have problem customers, but to purposely point them out, label them by race or religion is very small minded. In your fashion... it's not calling them as you see them, but trying to antagonize or get some kinda cheap thrill out of stirring the pot.
As mentioned in your previous thread and again in this one..... there are certain areas/borders one doesn't cross, especially if they are in business. It's never nice or good policy to p!ss off the masses with slanderous, mudslinging, disparaging criticism.

Speaking your mind is a good thing. I do it all the time, so this may seem like I'm preaching to the choir, but everyone knows where you stand. Just try to refrain from insulting others and purposely hurting them publicly.