• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alternative part name

cmwpmm

I have a CET 1000 UV Printer. Recently a tech was in and suggested I may need to change out my reflectors around my bulbs. So I contacted my supplier and he doesn't know what I'm talking about. Is there a different term for the "UV Reflector" that I don't know?

Thanks in advance.

I have a CET 1000 UV Printer. Recently a tech was in and suggested I may need to change out my reflectors around my bulbs. So I contacted my supplier and he doesn't know what I'm talking about. Is there a different term for the "UV Reflector" that I don't know?

Thanks in advance.

No that sounds about right. I would tell your supplier to contact CET to get a part number. Just because the salesman doesn't know what they are doesn't mean they don't exist.

ChrisN

How often do you have to replace reflectors? How old is your machine?

We have a Q5-1000, and due to first a failed fan and then a failed shutter, we had to replace the entire UV lamp assembly. CET doesn't part out the assembly any farther than the UV lamp holder assembly (including reflector, fans, etc.) and the main body which bolts to the head carriage and contains the shutter assembly. So if you get parts directly from CET, you will get the entire top assembly; fans, reflector, and all.

uvgerard

UV reflector cleaning

Thanks in advance.

CET uses a polished formed aluminum reflector. It does not have an optical coating which means you can polish the reflector surface yourself. The process is relatively easy and you would be amazed at the results. Of course all bets are off if your shutter will not function or fans do not work. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

cmwpmm

How often do you have to replace reflectors? How old is your machine?

We have a Q5-1000, and due to first a failed fan and then a failed shutter, we had to replace the entire UV lamp assembly. CET doesn't part out the assembly any farther than the UV lamp holder assembly (including reflector, fans, etc.) and the main body which bolts to the head carriage and contains the shutter assembly. So if you get parts directly from CET, you will get the entire top assembly; fans, reflector, and all.

You're exactly correct. My supplier told me the same once he'd realized what part I was wanting. So to replace both of my reflectors I was looking at spending over $1400. UVGerard may have just saved me a bunch. Many thanks to all of you for the help!