Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative Zund ARC Bits

Discussion in 'CNC Routers & Engravers' started by cstone94, Jan 20, 2020.

1. cstone94

cstone94 Pro-Graphx

Feb 22, 2016
    United States
    Has anyone found an alternative bit manufacturer or a collar that can be applied to Non-Zund bits for Zund machines with the ARC mag?

Tags:
  2. Greg Kelm

Greg Kelm Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Rancho Cucamonga
    onsrud and cutguru

3. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Onsrud and CutGuru bits do not have the necessary collar that acts as a stop for the ARC (Automatic Routing Bit Changer).
    I'm getting the ARC installed in a couple of weeks. Zund told me that I could order bits and have them sent to Switzerland for the collar to be installed.
    Not ideal since it'll take a few weeks for turn time, but really the only possible solution right now.
    What bits are you looking for? Something that Zund doesn't offer or just a less expensive option?

They look like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Greg Kelm

Greg Kelm Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Rancho Cucamonga
    What router module did you get? The 3.6 does not require that collar. It looks like this...

Attached Files:

5. Maxz3241

Maxz3241 New Member

Aug 27, 2019
    NYC
    you can take the collar off the bit using a basic grommet kit and then attach them back using the same kit.

6. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    We just did the upgrade for the 1kw Router. I wanted the 3.6 for that very purpose but it was almost double to do the upgrade to the 3.6kw because of all the changes that need to happen.