• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alucabond - 12' sheets?

MikePro

quick question, read below if you don't have a quick answer and want to tell me how I should "just print an MDO or make an aluminum face" or whatever (believe me, I WOULD RATHER.)
(although I will still read alternative suggestions, but most likely blow them off.... as my client hasn't wanted to hear alternatives from me)

anyone know if Alucabond comes in 4'x12' (or larger) sheets as a stock size? or am I gonna find out that it's a custom size and wind up paying out of my @$$?

------------------------here's why-------------------------
Got a customer that's hard-set on alucabond vs. MDO or aluminum panels for an inexpensive way to put up some temporary signage for his business.

(wants his logo on brick fascia, but "doesn't want to spend too much"... as his lease only lasts for 4 years and would like to purchase his own warehouse soon-after.)

.... as MDO "won't last the 4yrs of his lease" and aluminum is "too expensive". ugh. I've tried explaining plenty of alternatives, but sometimes I just gotta give the customer what they want... alucabond with vinyl graphics and a 4'x12' seamless version for under $1k... installed..., in this case.
luckily, i'm not locked-in to anything... my looking into it, at this point, is only because i'm such a nice guy and hate saying "NO".
well anyways, i'm about to start calling around this week to look into pricing, and am told by people around my shop that 12' sheets are a custom order, and will cost more than just simply fabricating an aluminum pan-face.... really?

bout to make some phone calls on tuesday (as i'm playing in a charity golf outing on monday WOOOT!), but figured i'd post here to get some input while i'm trolling.

thanks for reading, and apologies for the useless info... stubborn client, long-story short... now back to my question:

Is 12' alucabond easy to find? or am I just gonna find out that it will cost a bundle just for qty(1) 4'x12' (or larger) sheet (as opposed to normal sq.ft pricing for 4'x8' sheets)?

SignosaurusRex

According to Alucobond, You ca get it in a standard panel size of 50"x146". The trick you have is finding a supplier in your area that stocks that size and/or isn't going to to charge an arm and leg to get it for you.

MikePro

sweet thanks!
ya, i've never had to ask for anything but 4'x8' or hell, even 5'x10' is a standard size for regular aluminum as well.
never heard of alumacore, but i'd imagine its the same thing. i'll look into it come tuesday.