• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluma-corr, how do you cut it?

L Town Graphics

Just curious as to what the pros use to cut it with when you don't need to use a full piece? I have a layout that it being finalized in the next few days and want to make sure I get it done the right way the first time.

tsgstl

panel saw and trim cap it

and if your blade is crappy enough it will grab on to the trim real nicelike

wes70

Skillsaw with 60 tooth carbide blade, depth set just enough to cut through and a straight edge...cuts so clean you wont need to file!

Jillbeans

I order it cut from either of my suppliers for a fee of about $7.
They also sell end-caps in case I end up cutting it myself with my trusty circular saw/straight edge/clamp method.
Love....Jill

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Just curious as to what the pros use to cut it with when you don't need to use a full piece? I have a layout that it being finalized in the next few days and want to make sure I get it done the right way the first time.

Treat it as if it were merely a sheet of plywood of the same thickness and you'll be fine.

Anything that saws wood will saw aluminum laminates. The finish of the cut with any given blade will be pretty much as rough or as smooth as that same cut would have been in wood. Table saws, band saws, circular saws, jig saws, scroll saws, et al will all cut the material.

S'N'S

I use a electric hand saw with a 100t carbide blade made for cutting aluminum and straight edge.
I've used it on 3mm sheet aluminum, 4mm probond, etc and cuts it beautifully.

Mainframe

Buy this

http://eurekazone.com/content/ez-track-system-108

watch some of the videos on it, you can cut .040, .080 , 063. mdo, alumalite
sign foam, and any wood product, perfectly straight in minutes,

If you don't have a panel saw or cnc router, you will need some type of saw track system or you will drive yourself crazy trying to get square cuts on your substrates.

wes70

Treat it as if it were merely a sheet of plywood of the same thickness and you'll be fine.

Anything that saws wood will saw aluminum laminates. The finish of the cut with any given blade will be pretty much as rough or as smooth as that same cut would have been in wood. Table saws, band saws, circular saws, jig saws, scroll saws, et al will all cut the material.

:thumb: