• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alumalite vs dibond

J

john1

Hey guys, Was about to order 2 5x10' alumalite panels and i came across a thread talking about how it dents if you even look at it wrong and isn't as strong as dibond even though dibond is thinner.

The panels will be going against a flat wall so now i am thinking dibond 3mm would work better.

Anyone's suggestions on this?

tsgstl

Go with a off brand

Grimco Max Metal or the soon to be Grimco (proveer) Tru Stock

The only benefit (imo) of alumilite over those is it is more rigid. When you are against a wall I would choose nothing else. $40-$55 a 4'x8' sheet

rfulford

I only use alumalite if the both faces of the panel are exposed. My understanding is that alumalite is more resistant to wind.

2B

dibond like material is better for flat surfaces, does not collect material in the flutes and you don't have to worry about the dents, or how tight the screws are which will crush the flutes.

go with an off brand, NUDO poly-metal, Max metal, ETC... call your supplier they will have one.

J

john1

Thanks guys, Would you recommend the 3mm dibond for a sign that has a braced frame behind it also?

Pro Image

Diabond, Poly metal anything but Alumilite.......that stuff sucks.......and yes I have had a Major problem with it before.....De-laminating......

tsgstl

Diabond, Poly metal anything but Alumilite.......that stuff sucks.......and yes I have had a Major problem with it before.....De-laminating......

I have had Diabond type material de-lam as well

John, as long as it is supported more than just the sides

J

john1

Thanks guys

I will be building a wood frame with cross braces and mounting the 3mm dibond face to that also.

They are getting a building sign as well as sign with this brace frame