• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help AlumiGraphics® GRIP - Substrate Advance Issue

SaraG

I need help please.

This 53" foil based substrate prints well for ~2 linear feet until fuzziness starts happening because the advance is going out of wack. I always re-calibrate the OMAS before a job, and it starts crisp, but always seems to lose itself after a few feet into a job. It's like the sensor quits working after 2 feet.

The take up reel is set for maximum tension (i.e. Both counterweights off.. I was told this helps with preventing slippage).

The Substrate advance calibration chart (printed 3x back to back) is all over the place too, not sure any value is consistent so manual advance seems out of reach.
Chart photo: https://imgur.com/Ss5N4fi

Anyone have thoughts, recommendations? This substrate is really expensive :(

Printer: HP Latex 315, using Flexi Production Manger 19.

SaraG

Jay Grooms I don't think so. Iv'e had success with this substrate/printer before.

Update:
Making the Take-up reel lighter seems to be helping for the meantime! Fingers crossed that this was the issue.

bannertime

Not much help, but I've run rolls and rolls of it and have never gotten a crisp print. One of those things where we manage the customer's exception. If the job requires something cleaner then we'll use a smooth surface floor rated vinyl and overlay with textured floor lamination.