Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help AlumiGraphics® GRIP - Substrate Advance Issue

Discussion in 'Materials' started by SaraG, Jan 27, 2020.

1. SaraG

SaraG New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Canada
    I need help please.

This 53" foil based substrate prints well for ~2 linear feet until fuzziness starts happening because the advance is going out of wack. I always re-calibrate the OMAS before a job, and it starts crisp, but always seems to lose itself after a few feet into a job. It's like the sensor quits working after 2 feet.

The take up reel is set for maximum tension (i.e. Both counterweights off.. I was told this helps with preventing slippage).

The Substrate advance calibration chart (printed 3x back to back) is all over the place too, not sure any value is consistent so manual advance seems out of reach.
    Chart photo: https://imgur.com/Ss5N4fi

Anyone have thoughts, recommendations? This substrate is really expensive :(

Printer: HP Latex 315, using Flexi Production Manger 19.

2. Jay Grooms

Jay Grooms Printing, Printing, Printing......

Nov 20, 2018
    Burlington Wisconsin
    is it too heavy for the machine?

3. SaraG

SaraG New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Canada
    Jay GroomsJay Grooms I don't think so. Iv'e had success with this substrate/printer before.

Update:
    Making the Take-up reel lighter seems to be helping for the meantime! Fingers crossed that this was the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Not much help, but I've run rolls and rolls of it and have never gotten a crisp print. One of those things where we manage the customer's exception. If the job requires something cleaner then we'll use a smooth surface floor rated vinyl and overlay with textured floor lamination.