• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

aluminum acp sign frame

mcgrawdesigns

I am trying to find something like this aluminum frame/framework to finish out an aluminum composite sign, and match some existing signage (Nobody at the complex knows where or whom the sign frame came from). It is only 2" deep, so it is not like a normal extrusion for a lit sign cabinet. Somehow the acp sign panel is fastened to something, not the building, and the framework goes over all of that to hide the edge of the sign. The frame is then fastened to the sides, not through the face. Does anybody know what this may be, or something very similar. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 121
T

TonyC

I would guess that at least one side is removable (retainer) allowing the face to slide out. The cabinet or frame probably has a solid back which is fastened to the wall.

Again, my guess.

paul luszcz

Looking at your example, it looks like aluminum door track.

SignComp has an extrusion that looks better and stronger and is only 2" deep. It comes in different styles, one which looks just like your frame, obstructing the face about 1/2" on each side. It is called a slide in frame, Model #1110.

JR's

It looks like aluminum frame.
http://garston.com/
sign supply used to carry it. [COLOR=#333AA5 !important]800-966-9626[/COLOR]
They came in 21 foot lengths. They carried silver and gold.
I'm sorry I don't know what the name is and I don't have a piece here to photograph for you.