Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aluminum Business Cards ??

Discussion in 'Promotional Products' started by Locals Find!, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Anyone know of a decent supplier for Sublimated Aluminum Business cards??

I have a New Client a very large Gym Franchise that wants hundreds of these for their members.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    I haven't seen sublimated business cards. Not really going to be cost efficient. Now business card holders, that is something else.

3. Locals Find!

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Its all about the look not the cost effectiveness. The client was inspired by the American Express Black card.

4. WildWestDesigns

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    I did find some aluminum sheet stock for sublimation that has a size of 3.3x2.12 and 3.5x2.

5. Locals Find!

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Can you quote me 300 double sided. 3 different designs?

I need to make 100 black w/logo 100 gold w/ logo and 100 platinum w/ logo. Logo will only be on one side and opposite side will just be the color.

6. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    johnson plastics will cut sublimation metal into whatever shape you want.... and round the corners too. doesn't come black though...
    you will have to reverse the design and sublimate the black and bleeding could be trouble. Lasered anodized aluminum would be better for the black

7. WildWestDesigns

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    My supplier does have rounded corners.

On the back i would have to sublimate the colors that you are wanting though. That could be a problem, although it hasn't yet for me, however, always have to add that caveat.

If you still want me to do I can email you a quote.

8. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    http://www.sublico.com/ <--found Google searching because you sparked my interest as well, they say they can send samples after the art is finalized so it might be worth the effort if the client is willing to pay the bill.

9. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks for that link!

10. Locals Find!

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Wanted to update everyone. The customer was price shopping online before my meeting with him today and found someone willing to do if for less than the cost that Wild West was nice enough to work up for me.

I told the client he could purchase from them because I am not going to pay out of pocket for his business. Just one of those days I guess. HO! HO! HO!

11. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    In the end - you get what you pay for, and im sure he'll realize that.

12. sign_student

sign_student Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Where?

Hi Adtechia,

Did the client mention where they are getting them from?

Thanks,

Patrick

13. Locals Find!

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Yeah he will eventually or he won't. I guarantee though if he comes back it will be at my price not his.

Now that would just be too damned easy lol. He wouldn't tell me. If I knew I would figure out away to get them at that price and create a market for em.