Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aluminum Composite Question

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by commercial press, Jul 28, 2020.

1. commercial press

commercial press New Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Canton NY
    I need to butt 2 pieces on 6MM composite together with a frame around the outside. The sign is 2 sided and circular in shape and 8' diameter, 2 pieces of 4'x8'
    My question is how can I keep the center together so the wind does not affect it? Is there a glue or some sort of biscut type joint that works, or just a couple pieces of flat steel bolted on each side?
    TIA
    David

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    A round 8' diameter circle of 6mm.......... ??

• Hmmmm, how is this gonna be hung or attached ??
    • Are you married to 6mm composite ??
    • Have you entertained a more suitable substrate to meet your needs ??
    • You do realize that your diameter will need to be more like 95" and not 96" ??

3. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    If I wanted it to be really strong I would do two layers of 3mm bonded together with the seam flipped. Or use MDO and biscuits.

• Like Like x 2
  4. signbrad

signbrad Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Kansas City
    This is what I would do too. Staggering the seams will keep it together and add strength.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1