• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum Fabrication w/ baked Enamel

2B

looking for suggestions on who can do this this type of aluminum fabrication.

the acrylic and graphics are not a problem.

the specs:
.125 aluminum
Finish: Baked Enamel
Color: TBA
QTY: 55
Size: not sure about overall, the acrylic face is 3"h x 9"w for scale

Thanks for the assist

View attachment Desk Plaque.pdf

mpn

Fancy wording for powder coated.

Sorry I didn't read the part about needing them fabricated.

Last edited:

Desert_Signs

Fancy wording for powder coated.

Sorry I didn't read the part about needing them fabricated.

+1 on powder coat.

However, I'm trying to picture that thing standing up on it's own. I find it hard to believe it won't just fall over with a slight breeze.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Wouldn't the base need to be slightly longer if its free standing to prevent tipping?

There are a few shops here in AZ that can do that with CNC benders, try to find a precision machine shop that has a CNC plate bender or a Sheet Metal Fabricator with a heavy duty Metal Brake and a good operator.

2B

+1 on powder coat.

However, I'm trying to picture that thing standing up on it's own. I find it hard to believe it won't just fall over with a slight breeze.

yes this point has already been brought up the architect, and was told its on the drawings so that is what it needs to be

Desert_Signs

yes this point has already been brought up the architect, and was told its on the drawings so that is what it needs to be

Make a sample and test it. If it falls over easily, you need to cover yourself. In Writing. That you told them it wouldn't work and you recommend against it.

You can buy 2x5x.125 aluminum extrusion and cut it to the size. You need to buy two sticks and bend it on the brake. Than take it to local metal fabricator and they will powder coated for you.