• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum frame for Sign Panels ?

AJSI

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has a good supplier or manufacturer for some type of alumimum frame for Alumilite sign panels. I have a panel that is 2 ft. x 8 ft. that needs to be mounted at the ends for a cemetery. I would like to find something that looks good from both sides, maintenance free, adds strength, and maybe doesn't cost more than the sign. I can weld something up, but thought I might be overlooking a better solution. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

visual800

get to welding. we have all our frames welded up. I belive shipping would be a bi**** on some of the ones we have done

AJSI

Thanks for the response. I am going to try an extrusion I found on the internet from 80/20 Inc. They have a 8020 Quick Frame Tube Twin Flange 9025 I think might work ok. Might still need to weld the corners but it has a 1 inch square tube with a flange to accept the panel. $18 per 8 ft. length on ebay, but shipping adds. I am going to give it a try for this panel and will post the results.

This is a link to it on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8020-Quick-...343?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ceab26527

Not sure it this link will get edited out. I have no association with them. I thought it may be of interest to some, but I'm not familiar with all the forum's rules yet.

Thanks for the reply,
Greg