• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum frame

juan45215

When we install Maxmetal (Diebond) signs on an exterior wall is looks so plain. Does anyone know of a source for a frame I can install around it to dress it up more?

juan45215

Something like this:
wall-mounted-sign-stairways.jpg

shop-drawing_GIMME-COFFEE_Exterior-signage.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Pretty much hafta make your own. There are so many variables, they're really hard to find pre-made stuff, unless you might go with standard sizes, then you could have some local metal fabricator make it for you, then powder coat. I don't get the eye hooks at the top.

Anyway, there are a myriad of ways to achieve that effect..... some easy, some difficult. However, I would never make an exposed wooden frame for a metal sign. Looks dumb.

Billct2

You can make a sub frame from 1"x1" aluminum tube which can be cut assembled using simple hand tools. It is available from most decent sign suppliers and there are corners and tees
to make assembly simple. The frame is a little more problematic without a sheet metal bender. You can buy premade aluminum angle. Or you could have a sheet metal shop shear and bend for you. We like to do a "step up" frame rather than a simple "L" shape. One other thing is to use plastic molding available at home centers. You can finish it with Krylon or cover with vinyl. But if you have a subframe you will have to cover that edge too. If you want to spend some money you can also buy architectural extrusion kits from someone like Howard or Charleston.

You can get aluminum and polystyrene frame components from Outwater Plastics to build your own, or you can get the same snap in aluminum frames pre-fabricated from Alpina Mfg. in Chicago. Also, just adding some plastic molding around the perimeter adds a nice finished look to an otherwise plain, boring panel. We carry black and white plastic trim cap for both 1/8" and 1/4" ACM panels. We get them through Grimco.

MikePro

your photo looks like wooden doorway trim, easy purchase at your local hardware store. paint as you wish.

else, we usually get extruded aluminum frame from SignComp. screw 3 sides of frame to wall, slide panel in, and screw on one of the side pieces to complete.

VTSigns

That particular frame is from Howard Industries. I think they are too pricey for what they are.

You can also check with fastchangeframes.com

visual800

I tell what ive done is cut peices of 1/2" or 3/4" pvc and siliconed them to back of frame and made the panel appear to "float"

i scuff the back, prime with 2 part epoxy on the metal and the pvc and then silicone them together. I also prime the side of the pvc that will go against the wall and silicone that and mount with studs screwed into the pvc, it looks good!