• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum sign blanks

Mark H

Top of the morning!

I have been unable to find a supplier for painted aluminum sign blanks with a good assortment of sizes or custom sizes. Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Mark

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • What thickness ??
  • Rounded corners ??
  • Pre-punched or not ??
  • 1 or 2 sided ??
  • What kinda multiples ??

Mark H

• What thickness ??
  • Rounded corners ??
  • Pre-punched or not ??
  • 1 or 2 sided ??
  • What kinda multiples ??
Normally .080. sometimes rounded, sometimes square. Sometimes multiple, sometimes only 1 or 2, sometimes punched,, sometimes not

2B

Grimco will custom cut if you order a large enough QTY

these do custom cutting when we ask, even on lower QTY.
Reece
N Glantz

you can also locate a local company that has a CNC machine or a waterjet.
then take your substrate to them for cutting

get the following for in house fabrication
dustless, vertical cutter ( we have a Keencut SteelTrack) and cut 080
https://www.trick-tools.com/Roper_W...5010050_1564?gclid=CJGP7cmc49MCFUNcfgody9IKQQ
https://xpertsigntools.com/shop?olsPage=products/xpert-corner-rounder

Last edited:

unclebun

Grimco, Wrisco, N. Glantz will all do custom sizes. You just have to buy whole sheets and have them cut up. If you're doing single signs custom sizes, buy the full sheet and cut it yourself.

rjssigns

I agree with 2B in regards to finding a local company. I have custom blanks laser cut by a local fab shop. I just send them a DXF file and they call me when they're ready. If needed there is also a powder coat shop in my area.
If clients are wanting odd shapes in small quantities that's custom work and should be charged accordingly.

d fleming

If square cuts with rounded corners find yourself a used stomp sheer and decent corner rounder. Custom shapes you will need a local fabricator like others have replied.

cshook

Top of the morning!

I have been unable to find a supplier for painted aluminum sign blanks with a good assortment of sizes or custom sizes. Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Mark

I get all my aluminum from Allied, Houston, them had the custom colors powder coated. I haven't seen many colors in .080