• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum Street Pole Signs - Brackets HELP ???

miltondavis

Does anyone know or have a recommendation for a company that makes a street pole banner type bracket system (with band it tool) that could be used for a permanent application.

I have a client that wants to display (q:13) 18" w x 36" h x .063" thick aluminum signs to street poles (2 sided) Im a bit skeptical because of the weight of the signs and becoming a sail- at least traditional banners are light and have give.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Billct2

Creative Banner has a bracket that has a built in spring.
I was watching some we installed ( 5 years ago) in a violent storm two weeks ago. Massive wind gusts, most of the county was severely damaged by trees and poles coming dowm, saw a few large sign faces get blown out. But those banners were just bending in the wind, no damage what-so-ever. You could probably mount a solid panel to the arms using some clamps.

Last edited:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i second creative banner..they're the only company i deal with for these....excellenet product for the cost....

miltondavis

thanks all for the help and input, so far the #730 Zumar Bracket is very cheap per unit and has great durability. Also as an alternative I contacted MetalCraft Industries and they said they would just take an aluminum pole (instead of fiber glass) and notch it out so a .063 thick aluminum would fit into it and then add a screw or through bolt to hold it (looks like I could even modify the image1 example). I'll take a look at the creative banner solution as well.

dfeicke

You can buy them if you want, but I've made them for 2 different jobs. They've worked great (one set even survived Katrina) and cost a mere fraction of the manufactured ones.

I cut pieces of 1 and 1/2 inch angle iron about 8 inches long. Then got some 1/2 inch steel rod cut to the width of the pole banner, plus about 3 inches, and bent this 3 inches into a right angle (like an L). We the welded the 3 inch bent area to the long side of the angle and painted them gloss black (or whatever color you want).

2 band clamps hold them in place and you're in business. It cost us about 5 bucks apiece to make them like this versus about 10 times that much for the already made ones.