Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aluminum Street Pole Signs - Brackets HELP ???

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by miltondavis, Mar 25, 2010.

1. miltondavis

miltondavis Member

Aug 24, 2009
    san rafael, ca
    Does anyone know or have a recommendation for a company that makes a street pole banner type bracket system (with band it tool) that could be used for a permanent application.

I have a client that wants to display (q:13) 18" w x 36" h x .063" thick aluminum signs to street poles (2 sided) Im a bit skeptical because of the weight of the signs and becoming a sail- at least traditional banners are light and have give.

Any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    We had our local welder fablicate some like this once.

3. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
  4. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Creative Banner has a bracket that has a built in spring.
    I was watching some we installed ( 5 years ago) in a violent storm two weeks ago. Massive wind gusts, most of the county was severely damaged by trees and poles coming dowm, saw a few large sign faces get blown out. But those banners were just bending in the wind, no damage what-so-ever. You could probably mount a solid panel to the arms using some clamps.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  5. G-Artist

G-Artist Active Member

Jan 25, 2010
  6. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    i second creative banner..they're the only company i deal with for these....excellenet product for the cost....

7. miltondavis

miltondavis Member

Aug 24, 2009
    san rafael, ca
    thanks all for the help and input, so far the #730 Zumar Bracket is very cheap per unit and has great durability. Also as an alternative I contacted MetalCraft Industries and they said they would just take an aluminum pole (instead of fiber glass) and notch it out so a .063 thick aluminum would fit into it and then add a screw or through bolt to hold it (looks like I could even modify the image1 example). I'll take a look at the creative banner solution as well.

8. dfeicke

dfeicke Member

Mar 15, 2006
    You can buy them if you want, but I've made them for 2 different jobs. They've worked great (one set even survived Katrina) and cost a mere fraction of the manufactured ones.

I cut pieces of 1 and 1/2 inch angle iron about 8 inches long. Then got some 1/2 inch steel rod cut to the width of the pole banner, plus about 3 inches, and bent this 3 inches into a right angle (like an L). We the welded the 3 inch bent area to the long side of the angle and painted them gloss black (or whatever color you want).

2 band clamps hold them in place and you're in business. It cost us about 5 bucks apiece to make them like this versus about 10 times that much for the already made ones.

9. petrosgraphics

petrosgraphics Member

Feb 24, 2010
    cape cod, ma
    check with GRIMCO, you should find all types of brackets for what you need..