• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum Wall Frame

malayasigns

Hi Everyone,

I need to recreate the attached frame to hold a thin aluminum face. The face looks to be slotted into the frame and I believe this was some kind of extrusion kit or similar. There is no attachment hardware on the exterior, so I assume one edge of the frame slides out, but have not been able to revisit the sign to check.

I've been searching the web and have spoken with SignComp and Howard Industries, both have options that are close, but not quite right. Other vendors I've found won't do custom sizes like I need - about 25" x 45"

Does anyone know of other solutions I may have missed? I do have the option to custom fabricate it, but would prefer a kit solution if possible to better match the existing sign.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• EC-small.jpg
    EC-small.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 105

Moze

Precision Sign Services
2" square aluminum tube, miter & weld the corners. ¾" aluminum angle attached with VHB tape to the inside surface of the tubing. .125" aluminum face attaches to the aluminum angle with VHB tape. Rivnuts on the back side of the aluminum tube to accommodate ¼" studs. Stud-mount & silicone unit as one piece to the wall.

malayasigns

Thanks Moze, thats about what I had in mind for fabricating the frame in house, I'm looking for alternative outsourced options as well.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Sorry, wrote that on the run. I don't know of any vendors that sell kits like that. They may exist, but you could knock that out pretty quickly.

ADuke

This is a late reply, but if you are still looking...maybe try SignComp or Alpina Manufacturing