Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#alwayshandpaint

Discussion in 'Hand Made Signs' started by Doug Allan, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Doug Allan

Doug Allan Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Maui
    Tags:
    • Like Like x 4
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  2. Kevin O'Connell

Kevin O'Connell New Member

Dec 30, 2017
    South Orange NJ
    Here's one of the last big spectaculars I painted in NYC, circa 1996, just before tobacco ads were banned. That's me and my partner Javier on the scaffold upper right. Two guys, 11000 SF, 52 days. NO POUNCE PATTERNS!

I worked as a Union Pictorial Journeyman for most of 20 years before the incursion of vinyl and mesh.

Definitely pre-21st century hipster culture.

PS The Art Director didn't like her knee.

Camel-Martini1.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 2
  3. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

When I first started doing signs in 1993 we walldogged for a few years before my boss gave up on it. We did some painted pictorial billboards of horses for an equine supply company that I wish I had photos of now. A kids "tunnel town" arcade place still has a big pictorial we did on their corrugated metal wall.

4. Tfloraditch

Tfloraditch Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Hooksett NH
    An admirable effort to say the least but I have to agree with the art director. Those are not sexy knees.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  5. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Those are smokers knees!