• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I Crazy?

I have customer who wants to order 300 coriplast yard signs for his construction business. Do I dare attempt to do these as cut vinyl or should I outsource them to someone to have screen printed?

I have done yard signs before but the biggest quantity I have done is 20-30 at a time.

If outsourcing I would love to get some recommendations on who to send this project to.

SignaramaFL

screen print all the way, we sub out after about 25 or so. try out the door printing, outthedoorprinting.com I believe with the its 2 days production, then 2-3 days shipping depending on where you are. I haven't ran into any issues with them thus far, and have really good prices.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Screen print.... unless you have too many colors or effects. Today's designers are almost making it impossible to screen them anymore.

I'll flatbed one at a time if need be. Just gang it in with another job running the same material. We haven't reached our limit yet for printing too many. So far it's been 1,800 and that was nice. A bazillion colors and it didn't take any longer than a one color run. We got around $10 or $11 each for them. At the time, no one was even close to that price and we were in their back yard, so they could control quality to the nth degree. However, they didn't micro-manage whatsoever.

Locals Find!

outsource. If looking to screenprint them call supersigns.biz they are merchant members here and do a great job.

If needing full color call Gino!

royster13

Just buy them online....As far as I can tell, online prices are less than what wholesale places charge....

MikePro

don't have a digital printer?!? i'd kill for a coro job like that. I'd setup a file as a 4x8 with how ever many copies you can fit into the canvas, print however many 4x8 sheets you need to complete the order with a few extras, setup the roll on the laminator and apply your coroplast as entire sheets at a time.

CoroKutter, a straight-edge, and a box cutter is all you need after that. Makin' $$$ with every cut.

NSW Systems LLC

A LONG TIME
and depending on how many people you have working at the shop
if you have a 10 person shop than you might have a chance to produce 50 per day
Print them....
screen them...

Good luck

Mike
NSW Systems LLC.

My supplier would screenprint and ship the signs and wires to my door for cheaper than you can buy the materials to make your signs.

At that quantity, one-color, two-sided signs are $2.05 each. Shipping and stakes are included free. That is a total of $615.

You can get roughly 50 one-color, double-sided signs out of one 24" x 50-yd roll of calendared vinyl. (And it will be less than that because you waste an inch or so with every cut.) With a roll of cal going for ~ $100 if you include shipping or fuel to go and get it from your supplier. There's your $600 right there. And that doesn't include transfer tape or the coro itself.

Try to do this job out of cut vinyl and you'll go in the hole big-time. Big-time.

CanuckSigns

A LONG TIME
and depending on how many people you have working at the shop
if you have a 10 person shop than you might have a chance to produce 50 per day
Print them....
screen them...

Good luck

Mike
NSW Systems LLC.

I agree you would be better to outsource a job this big, I have to question your employees if a to man shop can only output 50 coroplast signs a day!! maybe an hour?!?

NSW Systems LLC

I agree you would be better to outsource a job this big, I have to question your employees if a to man shop can only output 50 coroplast signs a day!! maybe an hour?!?
not sure if you are making fun of me or I just did not make my post clear enought. and if you are that's ok, I can take it..
they wanted to cut film to produce 300 signs and that would take forever and not very profitable.
that is why I said print them or screen them that is how we would do them inhouse.

Thanks
Mike
NSW