Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Crazy?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Stephenedwardgraphic, Jun 13, 2011.

1. I have customer who wants to order 300 coriplast yard signs for his construction business. Do I dare attempt to do these as cut vinyl or should I outsource them to someone to have screen printed?

I have done yard signs before but the biggest quantity I have done is 20-30 at a time.

If outsourcing I would love to get some recommendations on who to send this project to.

Tags:
  2. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Outsource!!!!
    Look in the merchant members for a vendor, either screen or flatbed print

3. SignaramaFL

SignaramaFL Member

Feb 7, 2011
    screen print all the way, we sub out after about 25 or so. try out the door printing, outthedoorprinting.com I believe with the its 2 days production, then 2-3 days shipping depending on where you are. I haven't ran into any issues with them thus far, and have really good prices.

4. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    I screen print anything past 24. Unless the image requires digital.

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Screen print.... unless you have too many colors or effects. Today's designers are almost making it impossible to screen them anymore.

I'll flatbed one at a time if need be. Just gang it in with another job running the same material. We haven't reached our limit yet for printing too many. So far it's been 1,800 and that was nice. A bazillion colors and it didn't take any longer than a one color run. We got around $10 or $11 each for them. At the time, no one was even close to that price and we were in their back yard, so they could control quality to the nth degree. However, they didn't micro-manage whatsoever.

6. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    outsource it. we do 20-30 or so often, but any more than that we would outsource the job.

7. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    outsource. If looking to screenprint them call supersigns.biz they are merchant members here and do a great job.

If needing full color call Gino!

8. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Have them screen printed or done on a flat bed. Mark it up and collect the $$.

9. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    Just buy them online....As far as I can tell, online prices are less than what wholesale places charge....

10. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Just out of curiosity....how long do you think it would take you to cut, weed, and apply 300 coro signs?

11. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    don't have a digital printer?!? i'd kill for a coro job like that. I'd setup a file as a 4x8 with how ever many copies you can fit into the canvas, print however many 4x8 sheets you need to complete the order with a few extras, setup the roll on the laminator and apply your coroplast as entire sheets at a time.

CoroKutter, a straight-edge, and a box cutter is all you need after that. Makin' $$$ with every cut.

12. NSW Systems LLC

NSW Systems LLC New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    A LONG TIME
    and depending on how many people you have working at the shop
    if you have a 10 person shop than you might have a chance to produce 50 per day
    Print them....
    screen them...

Good luck

Mike
    NSW Systems LLC.

13. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    My supplier would screenprint and ship the signs and wires to my door for cheaper than you can buy the materials to make your signs.

At that quantity, one-color, two-sided signs are $2.05 each. Shipping and stakes are included free. That is a total of $615.

You can get roughly 50 one-color, double-sided signs out of one 24" x 50-yd roll of calendared vinyl. (And it will be less than that because you waste an inch or so with every cut.) With a roll of cal going for ~ $100 if you include shipping or fuel to go and get it from your supplier. There's your $600 right there. And that doesn't include transfer tape or the coro itself.

Try to do this job out of cut vinyl and you'll go in the hole big-time. Big-time.

14. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario

I agree you would be better to outsource a job this big, I have to question your employees if a to man shop can only output 50 coroplast signs a day!! maybe an hour?!?

15. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Man, you've got some slack-assed employees if they're only cranking out 5 yard signs a day each.

16. mikey-Oh

mikey-Oh Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2009
    okc
    :goodpost:
    but it's so hard to get those stakes in the flutes

17. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::clapping:

18. NSW Systems LLC

NSW Systems LLC New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    not sure if you are making fun of me or I just did not make my post clear enought. and if you are that's ok, I can take it..
    they wanted to cut film to produce 300 signs and that would take forever and not very profitable.
    that is why I said print them or screen them that is how we would do them inhouse.

Thanks
    Mike
    NSW