• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I legally justified.....

OneUpTenn

I guess right after I bought Flexi 8.0 they upgraded to 8.5 and sent me the complete program disc for 8.5. Am I legally justified to sell the 8.0 version with the dongle and all?

I mean I really have no use for it now that I have 8.5.

Is this something I need to ask Flexi? My gut tells me they will say no but from a legal standpoint......????

DRPSignsNGrafix

Did they send u a complete new one with new codes and everything? Or did they send it to you and make your old one no good anymore?

high impact

Listen to your gut....

You are not legally justified to sell the older version of the product they updated for you.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I believe using the dongle is optional with 8.5. If you decide not to use it with that version you will have to turn it in to them or they will most likely void your license and the software won't work.

S

SignTech

Actually I understand your question and I think it's a good one! I mean you're not looking to copy and sell a copy of the original or cracked version.

What I am hearing is this. I bought a brand new 2003 Chevy Cavalier and it came with the keys. Now I bought a 2008 Chevy Cavalier and it comes with keys also. But can you sell your old 2003 Chevy Cavalier?

IMO the company should buy back old software or at least allow a certificate or something to sell to an individual who may need the software and cannot afford the new one. Of course I am SURE I am wrong and it probably is illegal ...... but what a market spend $1500-2000 dollars on our software, then spend even more 2 years later and make sure you throw away that old software if you do not need it or use it!

Would you just throw away or let that 2003 Cavalier just sit there?

Great question ........! I'll bet the answer is: It's not legal.

LittleSnakey

I think when you install 8.5 it burns out the USB key for 8.0, at least thats what it did for me. I am still waiting for a USB key for 8.5.