• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I missing something

Yesterday when I was cleaning my printer I noticed there was a pad maybe missing to the left of my print head? (circled)

Should there be one here?? I noticed there is one in the hole to the right hand side of the print head.. and I swore there was one to the left at one time?? Is this true? did i lose a piece?

Attachments

• CIMG0500 close up.jpg
    CIMG0500 close up.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 115

32bantum

Not familiar with that printer but if there is a drain at the bottom and a hose I would suspect it had a pad at one point.

Its a mutoh Value Jet..

I don't think there is a drain or hose???

It seems to me these pads maybe should be some type of "shock / shift" absorber?? That why I thought there should be 2 one on each side of the print head.

THANKS.

I would think this would work as a bit of a shock absorber when the carriage switchs directions of travel...

I haven't noticed any loss of quailty in my print jobs...

randya

Some have it, some don't, not sure of the rationale.

It probably is to keep threads and hairs out between the head and the ramps.
I have removed some of these in the past, because they seem to collect more than they block.

Just be sure to clean the ramps and the area between the ramps and the head on a weekly basis.

Stealth Ryder

Some have it, some don't, not sure of the rationale.

It probably is to keep threads and hairs out between the head and the ramps.
I have removed some of these in the past, because they seem to collect more than they block.

Just be sure to clean the ramps and the area between the ramps and the head on a weekly basis.

Don't worry about it until it degrades to the point that it hangs down, then remove it and clean that area on a regular basis... Like Randy said, not sure the reason why it is there on some machines and not on others...