• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I TOO picky? (Sign Blank Suppliers)

solock

Harbor is my go to supplier for sheet goods as well, and I have seen similar issues from time to time.
It happens everytime they change their routes and or replace drivers.
Not sure if NJ is the same route, likely not but our products make at least one truck change from maryland to harrisburg to our delivery truck.

In the past when they dropped off well before we were in, at 0 dark thirty the problem was bad, a single driver delivering a case of gator or pvc and the cases were often corner damaged or split open. Now it is an occasional problem, but within the tolerance for the money and buying single sheets of weird things often. Cant imagine another supplier pulling off what they do as well as they do it...

They have never challenged me when I ask for replacement or adjustment.

hcardwell93

That's not acceptable. When I purchase 32 square feet of a product I expect to receive all 32 square feet in usable format. If I receive 31.75 square feet I ask for price adjustment or replacement. Manufacturer's sell sheets don't say "We will sell you a 4x8 sheet (+ or - a bit)."

Logoadv

Here is attempt #2 on this same job. 3rd times the charm?

s6.jpg

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Here is attempt #2 on this same job. 3rd times the charm?

View attachment 128543

Send that crap back.

Bent corners, scratched panels that are masked, a jammed panel saw blade that screws up what should be a clean edge and they send it out anyway...
Workers in the warehouse and delivery drivers don't care as long as they receive a check at the end of the week.

I deal with 3 suppliers and one is great, they deliver with a box truck and substrates are strapped down for delivery against the walls.
the other two deliver with vans and all substrates are laying flat on the floor stacked 3 feet high. The problem is when they load this way if a small pebble, aluminum shards etc. gets between panels it causes a scratch through the plastic protective sheeting. When the driver walks on top of the panels to get a roll of vinyl or other material from inside the van that caused a ding in the substrate from the pressure.

Send it back, talk to the mgr. about the recurring issue...