• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am sorry but need urgent help..vj1604wi

baijurj

Hello folks here.
this is also an update on my previous thread.
I installed a new head on my valujet 1604w1. - the old head was clogged very badly. the socket was sort of too tight, but still managed to insert the data cable, put the machine on, get the error Headcable, tried another calbe, still same error, now i tried a third cable, and now i get head heat err. I checked the f2 fuse, and it's gone, now that i replaced the fuse started the machine again, gives head cable error, checked the fuse again, and it's gone.
I am left with one fuse now, can any one tell me why would i be getting this error? and how to solve it. it's a brand new head.

Please help
Baiju RJ:
omg2:

baijurj

Hi Randya,
thanks for the reply, now that i wanted to check what exactly went wrong, i put my old half working head back, and it still gives me the same error, i haven't replaced the fuse yet, because, the last time, even with a blown fuse the machine worked only that it wouldn't print anything. looks like a cable problem, but in your experience, is there any damage done to the head if there is an error in the cable or cable insertion?

much appreciate your thoughts.

baijurj

Yes yes, very much, i unplug, press the power button till the machine is off again, only then i touch it. wear an anti static wrist too, most of the time i use gloves as well.

baijurj

Yeah, i know. but yes i do it seriously. any ideas as to what is causing it; if not cables. i think it might be some moisture in the cables - may be.

artbot

it's possible during a head change or any damper changes to drip ink on a cable which will unfortunately down the cable right into the head. inspect the bottom of the cable. also, look into the head port with a light. there is a way to clean out the head port if it's got ink in it. takes a while.

baijurj

Hi Artbot,
that is what i too am thing, i am thinking of cleaning it with a normal toothbrush, is there any other better method of doing it?

artbot

the method for cleaning a print head socket that i've heard of is:

get some stiff paper (card stock). cut the paper the width of your data ribbons. fold the paper so that it can firmly be inserted into the socket without getting stuck. put a small amount of cleaning solution on the end of the paper. insert the paper "ribbon". do this repeatedly. you will see less and less ink on the paper strips as you go. the one time i've heard of this being done, it took about an hour of this procedure.

baijurj

Hi Artbot,
I did what you suggested, but in a different way. i used one of my discarded cables and used alcohol at the tip of it to insert the cable, mainly to loosen the socket up and also to remove any residue of any ink inside. it seems to have worked, as in the socket is loose now. i connected the head again to the cable, no cable error this time, but a new one, head heat --- while initializing. i have faced this error many times with the previous head, and once the head socket was clean it disappears. but i don't think there is any moisture in the socket.
any ideas? i am getting fresh cables tomorrow morning.

baijurj

Hi Artbot,
just a quick one, i put in new cables still get the head heat error. one question. can a blown fuse give the same error? my fuse is blown i know, but it would only allow me not to print - that is no ink would be there though the carriage would move.
Please advice.

baijurj

HI Randya,
I have a question to ask. i got a new print head after the earlier disaster, and the head is fine no errors. the fuse was blown, so today i replaced the f2 fuse as well. but i forgot (grave mistake) to connect all the connectors as there was a phone call. thinking that everything was well i started the machine. only to be greeted by wiper sns error. My question is, can that have caused any other problem? like a fuse blown? was heart broken and came off, will try doing it tomorrow morning, but only after reading your reply.

macmedia

Two thoughts - You may have a damaged CR Board (where the head connects to the board above it) or your print head is damaged.

We had a situation a couple months ago where the fuse kept on tripping with a customers machine. After a lot of diagnosing, we replaced the CR board and the errors went away.

The printhead has a thermistor on there. If it doesn't sense a certain temp (because of a short), then you'll get a heat error. The same goes for a bad CR board.

Kent
Mac Media USA, Inc.
www.macmedia.com

baijurj

Looks like the problem was in the head itself. i got a new head fitted it and did my first print today, it's working fine, no errors. I have asked the supplier to check the faulty head out. it was difficult to insert one of the cables into the head socket when the head arrived.:thankyou: