• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Amazon launching print-on-demand service focused on promotional textiles and decorate

TXFB.INS

Geesh, and here I though CL was the main source for Low-ballers

Wonder if they will offer this with prime services, (expedited service and shipping)

dale911

President
I saw the same thing. Not sure about their pricing as the are going to be running Kornit printers. I think the run around 60k or so. Shouldn't be much different than zazzle and everyone else. I sent a sample from my brother got-3 to a potential customer the other day and they still want it screen printed for the deepest true blacks. Guess we will see what amazing tries to do. I have moved into almost 100% wholesale printing for other shops both wide format and garment and am only seeing increases in my business but that may be so that the other shops can diversify their product offerings enough to maintain and grow client base.

dale911

President
Not too worried

I saw the same thing. Not sure about their pricing as the are going to be running Kornit printers. I think the run around 60k or so. Shouldn't be much different than zazzle and everyone else. I sent a sample from my brother got-3 to a potential customer the other day and they still want it screen printed for the deepest true blacks. Guess we will see what amazing tries to do. I have moved into almost 100% wholesale printing for other shops both wide format and garment and am only seeing increases in my business but that may be so that the other shops can diversify their product offerings enough to maintain and grow client base.

WildWestDesigns

Eventually this is going to bleed into screenprint and even embroidery.

Amazon seems to be actively going after this type of stuff, so I would say eventually at some point, it's going to affect all of us in some shape or fashion.

One of the downsides of an industry that is heavily mechanized. Although, depending on what the individual shop can do, might still be ways to still separate yourself from that.

The really big places typically have to be more streamlined, smaller shops can be a little bit more nimble then that. Now rather or not that's enough to weather the storm (or rather or not customers even really care), that all remains to be seen.