• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ambulance Chevron install complete rear coverage?

Ursta Graphics

I have a customer that came in with 4 box style ambulances that need 6" 45° chevron striping (inverted V) total coverage on the rear to meet new regulations. Whats the best route to do this? Side by side striping overlapped panels or can I print on white reflective and seam it? Local laws do not specify a color so they are going with green and white alternating stripes I have the ability to print lime green on white reflective (or vice versa) with the DC4 but I've never done it yet. I'm not too sure if once printed it may look like one big reflective blob...

I have done quite a few emergency vehicles in reflective but I'm thinking this total coverage might not be my cup of tea.

Suggestions / experience appreciated.

thanks,

-Ursta

SqueeGee

We mostly do these in high intensity prismatic sheeting but sometimes use engineering grade if that's what the client wants.

If they want HIP, I would cover everything with white and then put green EC film on top.

graphics guru

we've done the hi intensity and diamond grade. just bought 6" rolls, mark your center and snap a 45angle. lay out stripes but nex t each other, and you;'ll be fine. the thicker stuff is tougher to cut and also recommend edge sealing with clear vinyl or a engineer reflective color close to one of you base colors. the edge sealing is done especially when using the brighter grades due to the way they are made, when you trim them or cut them, it opens up the encapsulation structure and over time could wick water