• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ambulance Wrap Project

jfiscus

Rap Master
We just wrapped an ambulance for the local Hospice, to give the patients a more inviting ride home. They had their in-house artist paint 5 paintings for the inside and 4 paintings for the outside, and we had them scanned in and combined them into the two images you see here. The inside was a little more tricky, but the outside wasn't that bad to lay out.

The customer had the ambulance custom painted a baby blue color and we matched it before we printed, the interior cabinets were customized for this project to give a better appeal. We printed the panels on 180c with our GS6000.
It took about 1.5 days to install the outside and another 1.5 days to do the inside. (including stripping out the lights, handles, etc and re-installing them)

We have another one in the works currently that is maroon. I'll post photos in a day or so when it is complete!

Attachments

• Blue-Final-Art-CMYK3.jpg
    Blue-Final-Art-CMYK3.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_9082.jpg
    IMG_9082.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 93
  • amb-3.jpg
    amb-3.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 108

jfiscus

Rap Master
Here is the inside, everything was created to line up perfectly for a seamless flow, but once the inside was re-assembled, there is so much coverage around the edges by cushions, etc that it was probably over-complicated, lol.

Attachments

• Interior-ALL-FLAT.jpg
    Interior-ALL-FLAT.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 90
  • amb-1.jpg
    amb-1.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 81

sardocs

I kinda like it, 'cept where the tree branch hangs in mid air on the upper left corner of the passenger door. Got a Bob Ross "happy little ambulance" kinda vibe goin' on....

showcase 66

Pretty cool. First thought when I looked at it without reading the post, was Shouldn't it be bright so others can see it when it is traveling quickly.

Nice idea for them tho.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Pretty cool. First thought when I looked at it without reading the post, was Shouldn't it be bright so others can see it when it is traveling quickly.

Nice idea for them tho.

This one is subtle, it doesn't have to conform to the regular ambulance standards in the area thankfully. It only takes the passenger on their final ride home from Hospice or the hospital. It will never travel at a high speed.