• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

American Building Concepts Revised Logo

Pinfinity

Professional feedback and or comments on my revised logo for this building contractor. This design is more refined then the previous.

The client is emphatic about using the ridiculous tagline. I'm attempting to keep it innocuous.

Please share your thoughts

Thanks

Attachments

• Logo concept B 6-16-14.jpg
    Logo concept B 6-16-14.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 104

Marlene

looks great but I still think the "we build relationships" is just plain stupid as it says nothing. "we build custom homes" would be much more helpful. it may be their motto but it says nothing of any use.

Pinfinity

Supplemental colors for American Building Concepts

showing two panels with color variations

Attachments

• Logo concept B 6-16-14.jpg
    Logo concept B 6-16-14.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 63

TimToad

This new version is very nice and far more direct without losing the look and feel you achieved on the first go around.

In the latest Signcraft, there is an article that refers to the "squint" test, which many of us use to view our signs and layouts. If you squint and look at a logo or body of text you've created the areas of conflict, lack of contrast, legibility, etc. are accentuated and once outside or printed on say a business card, they become even more apparent if not corrected.

On both layouts you've created, I've noticed a propensity to align text really close to each other. Now, on a 4' x 10' sign it might not be as critical, but on a 2" x 3.5" business card it shows up as unnecessary tension.

SignManiac

I'm finding the R swoosh visually distracting and not necessary. The font for AMERICAN on it's own is strong enough. Also not too hot on the coral pink background. I think with the red and blue you already have in it, white would be the other natural choice with a name like American.

Pinfinity

Thanks for your observation. Yes I do have the propensity to tightly kern copy. I'll remember in the future.

Thanks

Pinfinity

Thanks SM, I understand your point on the extended flair on the "R. As far a the color is concerned, I'm using a cream beige for the background. Perhaps its the monitor showing it differently?

Thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
looks great but I still think the "we build relationships" is just plain stupid as it says nothing. "we build custom homes" would be much more helpful. it may be their motto but it says nothing of any use.

True but one of the fundamentals of this business is the client gets to specify what it says, no matter how stupid it might be, and you get to say how it says it. Perhaps this is corollary to refusing to write copy.

Marlene

True but one of the fundamentals of this business is the client gets to specify what it says, no matter how stupid it might be, and you get to say how it says it. Perhaps this is corollary to refusing to write copy.

we do get the chance with a client as they may not be thinking terms of a sign, more like an ad. in an ad the tagline is fine as there is enough info to support the concept. with a sign, less is more and a tagline that says nothing but stroke the ego of the client needs to be addressed with them. it doesn't hurt to suggest something else. a live and learn story is I made a sign years ago before finding my mouth to speak up and eve after making the sig, I had no idea what they did at the business. t me that is a total fail. this logo is fine as is but still leaves those seeing wondering just what do they do besides wanting to be invited to Christmas dinner because of a new relationship they built.