• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

American Institute of Architects

cptcorn

adad
Anyone have this logo? Pillar + Eagle?

My client is a member/chapter, and they don't have it. I cant seem to find anyone with it. I did find an eps on the net, but it only had an embedded ed image in it.

Thanks
A

cptcorn

adad

So we have a funny guy here I see... Too bad the link you provided offered zero help in actually obtaining the logo. If you would have actually provided some small level of help you would have noticed after a sizable amount of time searching for it you would have found a single eps logo for another chapter that has some vector elements to it. This file itself does not help because only the wording is in a vector form and the actual logo for the AIA is an embedded image at 300dpi and very small in size. As I stated in my post.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you google the following entry:

american institute of architects filetype:pdf

you will be presented with many listings of AIA PDFs.

The fourth listing on the page is a PDF that contains a vector version of the AIA logo. Save the PDF and then open in any application you have that will open a PDF such as Illustrator, CorelDRAW etc. Select the logo and copy it to a new page and save it on its own.

The logo in the PDF is a vinyl-ready vector and a JPG of it is attached.

This approach to logo finding is included in the tutorials section of the premium forums.

Attachments

• AIA logo.jpg
    AIA logo.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 144

cptcorn

adad
If you google the following entry:

you will be presented with many listings of AIA PDFs.

The fourth listing on the page is a PDF that contains a vector version of the AIA logo. Save the PDF and then open in any application you have that will open a PDF such as Illustrator, CorelDRAW etc. Select the logo and copy it to a new page and save it on its own.

The logo in the PDF is a vinyl-ready vector and a JPG of it is attached.

This approach to logo finding is included in the tutorials section of the premium forums.
Awesome! I was looking through endless pdf's before... (i knew that trick) dunno how I missed this one... soooo Thank You!
:Oops:

I missed that?

:ROFLMAO:
Sorry, had to bust your balls :D It's been an interesting day :D hahaa time for beer!

Doug Pulver

I noticed the logo Fred listed is a jpg, if you click on the link above provided by DOGraphics, then click on "images" in the upper left corner it will take you to a whole page of AIA logos. Some are listed as jpg's, gif's and png's. Could you use any of those? I click on images from the google home page and then do searches all the time. I use Flexisign, tif's and png's are the wrong format and I have to convert them in photoshop.

jiarby

the logo Fred POSTED is a jpg, but the one in the PDF he mentions is a vector. ya gotta do SOME of the work bud!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I noticed the logo Fred listed is a jpg, if you click on the link above provided by DOGraphics, then click on "images" in the upper left corner it will take you to a whole page of AIA logos. Some are listed as jpg's, gif's and png's. Could you use any of those? I click on images from the google home page and then do searches all the time. I use Flexisign, tif's and png's are the wrong format and I have to convert them in photoshop.

guido.gif
The JPG I posted was generated in Adobe Illustrator from the vector I extracted from the PDF file we were talking about. cptcorn in fact replied back that he now had extracted the vector.

The main point of my post was the method of locating PDFs which often contain good usable vectors and are the official versions of the mark owner.

cptcorn

adad
Yup, PDF files will preserve vector elements, its not a sure fire way of locating a logo, but you have a lot better chances finding something usable in one...