• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

American LED EMC's

bERT bRYAN

Has anybody else had any trouble with AmericanLED EMC's? We have 3 out there, 1 has been great since we installed 5 years ago, but we've done 2 more in the last year and a half and have had nothing but trouble with them. 1 bad controller and at least 30 panels between the 2.

bERT bRYAN

I've never heard of the brand, and I can safely say I've never installed, but it looks like you also have some experience with Daktronics and Watchfires, so my recommendations aren't much help.
Greetings from Conway though!
Yeah we usually only use Daktronics or Watchfire, have sold and installed a lot of those, and they are great, but we had a few customers that wanted to go cheaper. And it has been a huge pain lol. Greetings from Paragould!

bERT bRYAN

I bet, especially when you're putting more work into a cheaper product and pocketing less, I'm just grateful our city has had a moratorium on them for the past 15 years, some areas in LR and Bryant off the interstate make me feel like I'm driving through a infomercial.
Dak is my current favorite, with the app that let's you upload/change content from your phone, training folks got a lot simpler (or rather, folks enjoy pecking at their phone screens a lot more than their desktops. Not to mention getting a radio with line of sight within so many feet to communicate on a bank network, this is reminding me of some less than pleasant times spent on hold on a jobsite with some bank exec leering over your shoulder.
I hear ya. Daktronics is my favorite too. Very reliable and definitely the cloud software makes it a breeze and customers really seem to like it a lot.