• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

American Pickers

Mosh

Ever see the show? I love it, I love that truck they have!
Pickin, Merican Pickers, never in a rut, Picking my nose but not my......

I am going up to buy one of those vans like they have, that is cool.

They are always getting cool old signs on there!

washingtonsignguy

I like the show too, especially when they got some old signs on there. I dont like how they sometimes show what they THINK they will make on it, but still a good show. Pawn stars has them beat in my opinion, thats a great show. hell most of the history chanels stuff is good, except that late night voodo crap.

Holeshotrob

I like seeing all the old stuff on there too, but I still don't understand what the hell Ice Road Truckers has to do with History.

TheSnowman

Ice Road and Deadliest Catch have nothing to do with History, but they are still good shows. Pickers I was in love with, then I saw Pawn Stars after it...and that got my vote. I like the old man. I'm so excited today, I might even crack a smile!

Jillbeans

I hate that show! Especially the weaselly guy who goes into the throes of a bicyclegasm whenever he comes across some POS old bike that nobody in their right mind would get $5 for at a yard sale. And they bought a ratty lawn chair like the kind that attacks Snoopy on Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving for $100. You couldn't give that away FREE at the end of your driveway.

I guess I have known about antiques too long, and been to far too many auctions.
So has my kid, yesterday they were salivating over some old concrete eagle with a busted beak and my son said "Mom if that was original it would have been made of cast iron." A minute later they called their "expert" and were told the same thing.
They were in our area last year. I love it that they didn't know any good places to go.

And that Pawn Star thing makes me even more irritated. I especially hate the part where the owner tries to cheap down the pawner after their item has been appraised for $2000. "I'll give you $40. I'm trying to run a business here not a charity."
Reminds me of some potential customers I get.
The big goober sons wrecking everything they acquire.
And they are just sooo klassy with their Brush Script.
Love....Jill

Pat Whatley

I watched Pawn Stars a few times. What always fascinated me was the way they try to portray the guys in the shop as noble businessmen. Somebody takes in a coin collection and wants $1000 for it. They have it appraised and find out it's worth $10,000. The guy ends up leaving with $3000. Bullshit. In the real world the pawn shop gives the guy $600, and sells his crap for $9000 that afternoon.

I won't watch Ice Road Truckers. They spend half of every episode telling you how dangerous it is but never deliver. Plus they make that fat guy out to be the hardest working man in the world when he's really just an a-hole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig Sjoquist

seen only parts of all those shows .. glad ya enjoy but then again made for TV. just another video game to me which I don't do.

Marlene

I've watched "Deadliest Catch" since it first went on air as well as "Dirty Jobs". I've got a thing for Mike Rowe as has a voice that just sucks me in and makes me want to listen. "Dirty Jobs" is my favorite as Mike makes a real attempt to do these jobs and always treats the people who do them as pros no matter what kind of job it is. I also love "Ax Men". "Pawn Stars" and "American Pickers" are OK. I can't stand Chumley as he is dumber than a box of rocks. I feel like I'm watching people rip other people off when I watch those shows.

Jillbeans

Not that it's any of your business but I haven't had that since my hysterectomy in January.
I just really loathe both shows and was glad to be able to say so.
Also hate Ice Road *uckers and Deadliest Catch. And American Chopper, and all those stupid Pimp My Ride type shows. And especially Cake Boss.
I do admit to being intrigued by "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" and also the exquisite lipliner and brows of Camille on "Say Yes to the Dress".

Marlene

I won't watch Ice Road Truckers. They spend half of every episode telling you how dangerous it is but never deliver. Plus they make that fat guy out to be the hardest working man in the world when he's really just an asshole.

I can't stand that fat guy either. I will admit to watching Ice Road Truckers but only when I am really bored and just want to sit around and do nothing including thinking.

TheSnowman

Dude, Pawn Stars probably have a CRAZY amount of overhead. They aren't obligated to buy everything that comes in the door. The owners are the customers, not the people that walk in the door. If I don't want something that comes in the door, and I can make more money doing something else, of course I'm gonna lowball it. It's like getting paid the same to remove vinyl as you make for a good solid installed sign. It doesn't make sense.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i've never heard of any of these shows....am i missing out??? ...i guess i'm just too addicted to netflix on the wii.....

--Hate American Pickers. It's not a bad concept, I just don't like those two guys or their tatted up girl at the office.

--Love Pawn Stars. Great show.

Pawn Stars and American Pickers is two of my favorite shows.

The guy that does the restorations on the antiques, Rick Dale, does amazing work. I wouldn't be surprised if he has his own show sometime in the near future.

Marlene

i've never heard of any of these shows....am i missing out??? ...i guess i'm just too addicted to netflix on the wii.....

missing out? well, maybe. these shows are fun to watch because they are real people doing real stuff instead of actors pretending to do stuff that real people do. all depends on what you like better.

my least favorite but was such a train wreck that I had to stop and watch was "Rock Of Love". a pile of scanky, bad weaved hair, tattooed, bad wardrobed women all competing for the "love" of Brett Michaels. I loved the "dates". a ratty looking table set up in the back yard for dinner isn't my idea of a date. I have to admit it was better than "Flavor of Love" or even worse "Daisy of Love".

TheSnowman

Rick Dale, does amazing work. I wouldn't be surprised if he has his own show sometime in the near future.
Best part of the show. That guy hits it out of the park every time he works on ANYTHING.