Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Wreckers

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by unclebun, Sep 15, 2020.

1. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Happened to see a commercial on TV for a show on History Channel that we did some work for. It's called American Wreckers. About demolition derby. We did decals that are featured on the cars, which divide the cars into teams and name the drivers. Not our design, but the TV production company needed someone nearby to make the decals for filming. A friend of mine who is a helmet painter was doing paintwork on the cars and helmets. And we had done some sign work for another reality TV show in our town several years ago as well. So they called us for this one. Artwork that came from the production company was terrible and had to be completely reworked before it could be used. The show is probably stupid. And the fact it took 3 years since filming before it aired may say something. But they paid some serious money for the decals.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 3
  2. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    My good buddy went to another sign shop when he moved away. They got paid about double to produce a hotel sign used for 'True Detective' when it was filming there. All I could imagine was how much a show like Supernatural (My wife loves this show, and I've noticed almost every episode has a different hotel sign that is real. Oddly enough, they just redecorate the same room for the interior) spends on signage alone.