• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

An auto serialization question

RG

Greetings. A customer asked me if I could print 200 labels. He wants his business name, address, & phone # on each label. He also wants a numeric serial number (let's say starting with 1001) and that same serial number in a barcode on each label. Of course, the serial number will increase by 1 for each label. And, finally, my question is, can this be done with the auto serialization feature in Flexi 8.1? If so, any suggestions to shorten the learning curve will be appreciated. Thanks.

Charlie J

It's really not that bad. I'm not in front of my flexi machine but I believe you just select the text that you want to serialze and it is pretty automated from there.

RG

Thanks, Charlie. I'll play around with it when I have some time to spare. Trial & Error can be good teachers. I failed to mention that these are going to have to be contour cut.

Arstron

It is very easy, design it exactly how you want it to look a number or word where you want the serial number to be including your contour cut. If you put a contour around all of the text or use a shaped background with a contour, it will be applied automatically.

Select all of the design, then arange/auto serialize.

Change number of coppies, columns and spacing to what you want, select the number or word you placed for the serial location and hit next.

Click Auto Serialize set the start number to what you want (1001?), leave your increment at 1 and press ok

Click Finish and you are done, its that easy.

Arstron

I just test it, if you use the barcode tool and create a barcode, then the auto serailization it does serialize the text under all the barcodes, but I cant say for sure if the barcodes change. I have never used the barcode feature my self.

RG

Many thanks, Arstron. You nailed it. Your detailed instructions worked like a magic charm. "Trial & Error" go back on the shelf for now. By the way, I talked the customer out of using barcodes in addition to the numbers. He doesn't even have a barcode reader yet and will probably never get busy enough to need one.