• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

An easy font id that is escaping me today!!!

Gforce1

I know this is an easy one but I just can't place the name for the life of me today. Thanks everyone!!:U Rock:

Attachments

• Fred's.jpg
    Fred's.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 151

SignosaurusRex

I can't place the name either, probably because I've never seen it in my life as far as I can tell.
Looks hand lettered so I'm going with....NOTAFONT

Gforce1

I can't place the name either, probably because I've never seen it in my life as far as I can tell.
Looks hand lettered so I'm going with....NOTAFONT

It's not hand lettered, that picture is from a printed decal I need to reproduce. Thanks for looking into it anyways guys. If I find it I will post back here with the name.

Bus 2 Design

The closest I can see would be Brush Script MT. You could always scan it, bring it in to Ps to isolate the red and save it as a high res BMP. Then bring it in to Ai and vectorize it. Just a thought.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
The closest I can see would be Brush Script MT. You could always scan it, bring it in to Ps to isolate the red and save it as a high res BMP. Then bring it in to Ai and vectorize it. Just a thought.

that's not even close to brush script...which by the way, should NEVER be used...even if the customer insists on it....

GoodPeopleFlags

A customer requested Brush Script ALL CAPS for his window lettering last week. Really. I thought it was a joke but it wasn't. We talked him out of it.

Sorry no help on your font!

Gforce1

Yeah Brush is not even remotely close, also like the others I pretty much refuse to use that font. The image I had wasn't clear enough to vectorize it so I just hand built it in Corel. Only about 5 minutes work and it's done now. Thanks everyone!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It might've been from a printed decal, but that is not a computer type of font. It was probably hand painted a long time ago and later someone scanned it.... and then it became computerized artwork.... so to speak.

Look at the black outline.... it's all over the place and the upswings in the letters look totally hand-created.

Bus 2 Design

all due respect, if you read my response, I said "closest". I believe I also offered a pretty viable solution as well but thanks for jumpin all over me...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
all due respect, if you read my response, I said "closest". I believe I also offered a pretty viable solution as well but thanks for jumpin all over me...

All due respect and I mean that seriously with no rudeness intended, but Brush Script is not even among the top 100 closest typefaces to the original shown. In addition, Brush Script is on most members here "Do Not Use" list.

The OP did not ask for something close ... he asked for the name of the font and was told by most that it likely was not a font. Your reply drew two responses, neither was what I would term jumping all over you.

Gforce1

It might've been from a printed decal, but that is not a computer type of font. It was probably hand painted a long time ago and later someone scanned it.... and then it became computerized artwork.... so to speak.

Look at the black outline.... it's all over the place and the upswings in the letters look totally hand-created.

Ahh, gotcha! That makes sense. Because I built it from scratch I was able to give the new one even outlines so it turned out better. Thanks again everyone!