• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

An idea for self-promotion on social media

TimToad

We do a fair amount of logo design that eventually ties back into the client's sign work and found this fun, interactive way online to create some buzz for ourselves and our client's branding. I will create a proof of the final three logo concepts our client has been presented with and do a poll to see if folks can guess which one will be chosen.

With a little boosting on Facebook and the other venues it shares with, its been a really successful way of showcasing our work and help our client.

Attachments

• BWF Final options FOR POLL.jpg
    BWF Final options FOR POLL.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 383

CanuckSigns

I've had clients do this with proofs we send them, sometimes it helps reassure them that they made the correct decision, other times it has led to a cluster**** with all their friends giving their uninformed opinion and clouding the clients mind.

visual800

I ONLY post on facebook when a job is completed or a design has been agreed upon, I dont care to get 500 comments or opinions

TimToad

I ONLY post on facebook when a job is completed or a design has been agreed upon, I dont care to get 500 comments or opinions

The client has already agreed upon which option they want, the job is completed. We just wanted to have some fun and help generate a little buzz about our client's rebranding.

We and our social marketing person equate efforts like this to an octopus shaking hands and sharing an idea with a thousand other octopi. Its your prerogative to not engage with your clients, their friends and fans, your friends and fans, or help spread the word about your work while helping create a little buzz for your clients, but its an opportunity to share your work to a broad audience.

Our business used to spend $600 per month on mostly useless print advertising in the Yellow Pages and such. Now, nearly every dollar of advertising goes towards campaigns that reach the kind of audiences we are targeting.

TimToad

So... which one was selected?

Option B.

What wasn't revealed in the poll was that the customer had three primary preferences for the new logo. They love their name and don't want to change it, but they don't raise bees and don't sell any honey. The original logo done elsewhere had bees flittering all over and a drop of honey dripping from one of the letters.

They'd didn't expect everything they wanted to be incorporated, but one strong preference was a monogram of some sort, the other was a graphic of the four animals they raise and offer. De-emphasizing the name was ok with them because of the small size of our community and their marketplace which is mostly home delivery and a weekly year-round booth at several local only farmer's markets. The banners and such we will do for their booth and vehicles will have a combination of Option B and the name spelled out more prominently alongside.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
What happens if most "dislike" one, but it's the one the customer picked?

Do those people now feel bad after finding out it's their new logo?

TimToad

I'd say that's a decent choice. The others seem to emphasize the wrong stuff.:design:

Thanks, I played around with quite a few monogram ideas before settling for something more akin to a cattle brand given the agricultural aspect of their farm.

The message they want most emphasized is the Pasture Raised Meats and to move away from the existing confusion over the fact that they don't raise bees or sell honey. Here is the original logo that illustrates why folks might be a tad confused.

I really liked A and C if they were to go big time and need more of a packaging label, but they put a higher priority on the monogram then the animal graphics. They ended up choosing B which is still a strong logo, just in a more simplified way.

Attachments

• BeeWench Final CMYK.jpg
    BeeWench Final CMYK.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 200

TimToad

What happens if most "dislike" one, but it's the one the customer picked?

Do those people now feel bad after finding out it's their new logo?
We don't really word it to give viewers a chance to rate it or"like" or "dislike" it. Its phrased so people just choose a preferred one and or a guess which one is the finalist.

FWIW, only one person has correctly guessed it so far. Because we don't post it until the design process is over, we're not looking for everyone's choice to narrow the field or steer our client's choice, that's already been decided upon.

Andy D

Tim, I think that's a great idea, what ever will have people come to your page and interact.
Not really the same thing, but something I'm going to start doing is try and have completed picture
taken with owner, manager, employees in the picture and posting that to Facebook.

10957689_10152795628573292_5317678370858905257_n.jpg
10849887_353098044870317_7804925699728553484_n.jpg
11990492_1029919760372879_1291694944774526415_n.jpg