• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Anagraph Elite cutting problem question

okeesignguy

I was not sure where to post this so I chose here...sorry if it is the wrong category...

I use an old Ana plotter and it has always performed pretty much flawlessly...however...

When cutting arched shapes like the ones in the pix I am posting it wants to drop or climb in "steps" as shown...
I also am posting a picture the graphic on thee boat that I am trying to reproduce...

I am not sure if this a software issue but I am hoping that it is one of the settings on the actual plotter...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thank you!

Attachments

• 20181129_161506.jpg
    20181129_161506.jpg
    727.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 20181130_165812.jpg
    20181130_165812.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 20181130_165903.jpg
    20181130_165903.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 20181130_165919.jpg
    20181130_165919.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 292

okeesignguy

What is your software?
What is your Windows version?

Ana 4.0 and Windows XP...(Ana will not run on a later version)

I am wondering if I cut directly from Flexi to the Ana machine if it would not do this but I can't seem to get the two to "talk" to each other even tho they are networked thru Ethernet connection with the XP computer...
My Flexi is on a different pc running Windows 7...
Thank you

John Miller

I was not sure where to post this so I chose here...sorry if it is the wrong category...

I use an old Ana plotter and it has always performed pretty much flawlessly...however...

When cutting arched shapes like the ones in the pix I am posting it wants to drop or climb in "steps" as shown...
I also am posting a picture the graphic on thee boat that I am trying to reproduce...

I am not sure if this a software issue but I am hoping that it is one of the settings on the actual plotter...

I have experienced the same issue. It isn't your plotter, it's how the ANA software handles the arch. The odd thing is if you had an oval the same size it would cut it flawlessly. As soon as you cut a section out of the oval it distorts the file. The only way I've been able to achieve a clean arch is to superimpose two ovals over each other to form the arch and then cut them both weeding away all but the arch formed by the intersection of the two ovals. Works well but wastes lots of vinyl.