• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Analysis Of Test Print Sp-300i

bquinn

hi all,

I tried searching test print pattern analysis etc but couldn't find an answer. Probably due to how I was phrasing it. Anyway, my black pattern looks funky. I did powerful clean as well as clean heads etc (yeah I did touch heads themselves with solution and swab but thankfully I don't think I made it worse. Attached is a photo. Thought advice or direction is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    850.8 KB · Views: 182

CanuckSigns

it doesn't look horrible. does it show up under normal printing conditions, i.e. can you tell these is an issue on your prints?

You can try soaking the head in cleaning fluid, if that doesn't work and it's affecting your output you may need a new head.

bquinn

it doesn't look horrible. does it show up under normal printing conditions, i.e. can you tell these is an issue on your prints?

You can try soaking the head in cleaning fluid, if that doesn't work and it's affecting your output you may need a new head.

Thank you for the very fast response! I assumed it was the problem when I printed some American flags for a local fire dept. (Photo attached)

And although I'm a bomb tech fir my day job, I'm afraid of taking off the head as I've never done it before

Attachments

• IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    735.7 KB · Views: 151

CanuckSigns

that print looks worse than I expected given you are only missing 8-9 nozzles. Try running in high quality mode, it may help lessen the issue.

If you are not comfortable replacing the head, i would suggest contacting a roland dealer in your area to do it for you, but expect to pay about $2-3k for it.
Alternatively, there are a few merchant members on this site who can sell you the head and offer you step by step help over the phone to walk you through it, if you are used to disarming bombs, i'm sure you can handle changing a print head!

bquinn

that print looks worse than I expected given you are only missing 8-9 nozzles. Try running in high quality mode, it may help lessen the issue.

If you are not comfortable replacing the head, i would suggest contacting a roland dealer in your area to do it for you, but expect to pay about $2-3k for it.
Alternatively, there are a few merchant members on this site who can sell you the head and offer you step by step help over the phone to walk you through it, if you are used to disarming bombs, i'm sure you can handle changing a print head!

You would think :)

I'll try the high quality mode but I really appreciate the quick reply and assistance CanuckSigns.

:)

bquinn

Thanks again, canuckSigns, print quality is much better on hi res but now for some reason, the carriage will go across paper and back then pause for a few minutes, then do another pass, then wait some more. print never gets completed and i've restarted both computer and printer. I don't mean to keep going back to the well, but i don't know what could be causing this.

CanuckSigns

is your printer connected directly to your RIP computer, or does it go through your network?

If it's direct connect, i would look at the cable itself, or your port settings

if it's through the network, hook it up directly.

bquinn

is your printer connected directly to your RIP computer, or does it go through your network?

If it's direct connect, i would look at the cable itself, or your port settings

if it's through the network, hook it up directly.

You're the best. thank you so much. Hooking it up directly worked so must have been some network issue. Thank you again!

Bruce