• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anapurna m1600

Xamm_

Hi Guys,

We've have been given a seriously good offer for one of these machines.

Our main concern is ink adhesion and the fact that this line of printer seems to be discontinued.

We want to gauge feedback on this machine and to ask if anyone purchased a machine that is being discontinued before?

Thank you kindly for any response.

greysquirrel

Anapurna's control ink flow with positive and negative air pressure through a Venturi valve...you really need to understand how it operates to be able to reduce downtime with clogged nozzles...even with an anti static bar these units have difficulties when printing plastics...the belt will wear out and need to be serviced...

the roll 2 roll on earlier models never quite worked...power needs to be pretty steady...any fluctuations and you will need a buck boost transformer....

if the ink is still refilled through pouring bottles...that can have issues too...once air gets into the system...it can be difficult to get it out....air in the system will cause nozzles to drop...

what's the ballpark price? Just curious...

I like the Oce flatbed...unfortunately hate Oce as the service provider...HP has their new versions out...very easy to use and maintain...

greysquirrel

The answer to getting corrugated plastic to not have ink chip off was to bake the ink onto the sheet by increasing heat of lamps to high (which reduces lamp life) and have fans blowing on the carriage area to prevent the head board from over-heating....

Xamm_

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply. We actually had one of the very first Anapurnas made, all these things you talk about were definite issues with the machine.

This being said it still did a lot of work, however we would have hoped these issues would have been resolved almost 10 years down the track.

By your reply it seems many of these have been left unresolved?

It's about 40% off regular price