• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anapurna Mw ink not curing

Fired up the printer yesterday am and the ink suddenly came out glossy. Both bulbs have been replaced and the shutters are definitely opening.
It appears to be just cyan and black (K) that smudge after a prime... Any ideas?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Make sure all your inks are compatible and someone hasn't sent you a wrong container. If the ink was working properly before, then I'd check your lamp time and make sure they are up to snuff. Cyan is the first color to go, when lamp power isn't set appropriately.

Thanks Gino.. I topped the tanks up with the same ink we were using before and one of the bulbs got replaced a week ago and I replaced the second bulb when this starting happening... no difference...

MainostePrint

Did someone from your team accidentally flushed the system with solution when opening the color valves? It happens sometimes, and if so, the inks will not cure no matter what you do. Try purge all colors a quite a lot. After that print solid CMYKLMLC on a cheap paper, and feel the print. If it slowly gets dry then the solution is getting out from the system and you are good to go. This takes a while but we've experienced that this is the only way to solve the problem.

Thank you MainostePrint!

That is exactly what happened.. after several purges of those two colours they slowly started to cure when I primed the colours... I just finished a full 4 x 8print and it cured perfectly. A huge relief...

Now.. a separate question, on bi-directional printing with solid colors and full colour prints I am getting banding, where the one direction looks slightly glossier than the next band... Especially apparent on colors like solid red or black. I have run the calibrations and adjusted but makes no difference.

maybe a bit of solution still?

Thanks again!

AL

klmiller611

I've also run into an incomplete cure over the past year on my Mv. Since I am the only person who runs the machine, it is not from flushing out the heads. I've had to switch to run my lamps at high power on everything to get proper cure. It does seem to be mainly the cyan and black that are issues. The lamps were new last year.

Best
Ken